Changes happening at the Seneca East Board of Education meeting
ATTICA — It was an evening full of staff shake-ups Monday at the Seneca East Board of Education meeting.
Brad Powers announced that Robynne Sturgill, seventh grade volleyball coach; Nicole Chaffee, eighth grade volleyball coach; and Stephanie Powell, eight grade basketball coach, have decided to step down from their current roles in the athletic department. Powers thanked the coaches for their service to the schools athletic programs and noted that it was largely familial obligations that necessitated the coaches to move on.
The board also accepted the resignation of Brenda Ruffing as an integrated science teacher effective July 31 — the board then approved Ruffing to be hired as the district food service supervisor for the 2019-2020 school year. Ruffing’s new role will officially begin on Aug. 1.
In other business the board;
• Approved the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board Grant for the 2019-2020 school year in the amount of $16,000.
• Hired Allison Crooks as a substitute teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
• Approved the 2019-2020 agreement between Seneca East and the Seneca County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
• Approved the 2019-2020 agreement between Seneca East and the Huron County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
• Approved Microman Project Proposal for network equipment at $44,063.25 — pending E-Rate approval.
• Approved Microman Project Proposal for network equipment at $6,674.50 — pending E-Rate approval.
• Approved the 2019-2020 Buckeye IT Services contract (E-Rate reimbursable rate TBD and currently at 60 %).
• Approved the following teacher contracts:
Continuing Contracts: Stephanie Gildenmaster, Emily Perkins and Jenna Yost.
Steve Hall and Janine New.
One year Contracts:
Julia Kidwell, Cheryl McGathy, Katlyn Nagle, Susan Platt, Abby Ruffing and Tyler Schultz.
• Approved the list of travelers for the Washington D.C. trips, April 30-May 3.
• Accepted the Toledo Mud Hens-Walleye Transportation Fund Grant for $800.
• Approved the North Central Ohio Educational Service Center Contract for 2020.
• Approved summer student cleaners.
• Approve Ally Bridgford as a non-certificated substitute employee.
• Approved the following classified contracts:
Jill Berry, David Noftz, Deb Noftz, Amanda Norman, Letisha Rathburn and Sharon Shade.