Ameriwood Industries temporarily was evacuated due to smoke in the building Monday night.
Tiffin Fire Rescue Division was sent to the plant at 458 2nd Ave. for smoke coming from vents about 8:05 p.m.
Chief Kevin Veletean said that when personnel arrived, they found smoke coming from dust collector vents, and the fire was located inside the duct work of the dust collectors.
The crew was able to isolate it to the machine and duct work, and it took about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire once the crew was able to access the area. Getting access into the duct work is tedious, Veletean said.
Veletean said equipment had sparked and ignited a fire in the sawdust collector. A maintenance crew was working to repair the machine Monday night. People returned to work, he said.
The building was evacuated, and no one was hurt, he said.
Tiffin Fire Rescue Division called in extra personnel due to other calls going on at the same time, he said.