Children safe after stove fire

By Jill Gosche

Online Editor

Three children got out of the house safely when there was a fire on the stove Thursday morning.

According to a Tiffin Police Department report, the fire at 235 Hedges St. was reported at 9:06 a.m., and the person advised three children were inside. A person advised they were out of the house and there was light smoke three minutes later.

Chief Bill Ennis of Tiffin Fire Rescue Division said it was a small fire on the stove.

“It was out when we got here,” he said.

Ennis said he did not know how the two girls and a boy got the fire out. Their parents had trained them well about how to take care of things, he said.

The children were together outside at a meeting place, Ennis said.

“We knew everything going on. . They were trained well,” he said.

Ennis said there was slight smoke damage throughout the house and slight damage to the stove’s top.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Tiffin Police Department and Seneca County Sheriff’s Office personnel assisted at the scene.

The house is owned by Erin Moyer, according to the Seneca County Auditor’s Office website.