One hurt following Melmore Street fire

A stove fire was reported Thursday afternoon at a residence on Melmore Street.

Tiffin Fire Chief William Ennis said the fire, reported at 265 Melmore St. around 12:45 p.m., started from oil in a pan and then spread to the floor and into some kitchen cabinets. The fire was nearly out when firefighters arrived, he said.

Ennis said an extinguisher was used to knock out the remaining fire.

He said smoke was reported in the building, but there was minimal damage to the kitchen.

Ennis said the resident who was cooking burned their hand and foot and was transported by a private vehicle to the hospital.