Outdoor briefs, Jan. 20
Conservation, ag meetings planned
The Nature Conservancy has assembled a list of winter agriculture and conservation-related events and meetings in the Western Lake Erie Basin.
• Tuesday – Woodville – Women for the Land Workshop: Conservation Values – Your Land as Your Legacy. 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Luckey Farmers Inc. Call Beth Landers at (419) 354-5517.
• Tuesday – Bowling Green – Farmer Workshop: Navigating the Transfer of Your Farm Business. 4:30-8:30 p.m. Wood County Junior Fair Building. Register by calling Ashley, (614) 430-8130.
• Feb. 24-26 – Columbus – Ohio Federation of Soil and Water Conservation Districts Annual Partnership Meeting. Contact Alison Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org, (614) 784-1900.
• Feb. 26 – Hillsdale, Michigan – MSU Extension, State of the Lake: Tri-State Water Quality Discussion. 5-8 p.m. Register with $20 fee at events.anr.msu.edu/tristatewaterquality.
• March 5-6 – Ada – Conservation Tillage Conference. Information and registration at fabe.osu.edu/CTCon.
• March 5-6 – Ada – 4R Winter Social. More information to be announced.
• March 29 – Wauseon – Black Swamp Educators: Digging Deeper Soils Workshop. 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Robert Fulton Ag Center. Credits available. Register with $25 by March 15 at Wood Soil & Water Conservation District, 1616 E. Wooster St., Suite 32, Bowling Green, OH 43402.
Boating safety course Saturday at Maumee Bay
OREGON — The Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Parks and Watercraft, invites the public to attend an Ohio Boating Education Course 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday at Maumee Bay State Park Nature Center, 1400 State Park Road, Oregon.
Advanced registration is required, but admission is free.
The course covers a variety of boating topics such as navigation rules, boating and personal safety equipment, navigational signage and Ohio boating laws.
Ohio law requires people born on or after Jan. 1, 1982, to be able to show proof they have completed an approved boating safety education course if they are operating any watercraft powered by a motor greater than 10 horsepower.
For additional information or register, contact the Maumee Bay office at (419) 836-6003 or visit watercraft.ohiodnr.gov.
BSBO planning field trip to Killdeer Plains
HARPSTER — Black Swamp Bird Observatory is planning a field trip to watch raptors at Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area Feb. 9.
Participants should meet at 1 p.m. at the KPWA headquarters, 19100 CR 115, Harpster.
The wildlife area is known for wintering raptors.
The trip is free, but is limited to 40 people.
For more information or to reserve a spot, email email@example.com or call (419) 898-4070. Indicate Ohio Young Birder Club membership if applicable.