PREP TENNIS: Columbian dropped a match to Perkins, 3-2, Tuesday. The Tornadoes’ doubles teams of Erin Musil and Linzi Boos and Morgan Amory and Jaidyn Borer accounted for the Tornadoes’ two victories.
GOLF: Wednesday’s Senior League at Clinton Heights was won by the team of Dave Prune, Mike Mertz, Jim Hoffbauer and Steve Scheiber at six under. In second at five under was the team of Jim Ruess, Dutch Edburn, Casey Breighner and Denny Harper.
WRESTLING: Wrestling referee classes for new officials wishing to be a registered OHSAA referee will be held on seven consecutive Thursday nights (6-8:30 p.m.), beginning Oct. 10. Classes will be held at the Findlay-Hancock County Library in downtown Findlay. For more information or to register for class, go to the OHSAA’swebsite (ohsaa.org and click on ‘officiating’ ) or call (419) 423-8995.
JUNIOR HIGH VOLLEYBALL: St. Joe’s seventh grade beat Old Fort 25-11, 25-14.
* Old Fort’s eighth grade topped St, Joe 25-17, 25-9. Addy Gillmor had five kills and two aces, while Audra Miller added five assists and two kills. Marissa Dunn had six kills for the Stockaders, while Gillian Easkin dished six assists and three aces. Madi Blankenship served eight aces and had 11 digs, while Olivia Abdoo smashed three kills.
* Hopewell-Loudon’s seventh grade defeated Danbury 8-25, 25-20, 25-22. Asglyn Walter served six aces and had six kills and three digs for H-L. Kenzie Gwyn served three aces, while Brynn Sendelbach had seven digs and two aces, while Sidney Brickner had nine assists and two digs.
* Hopewell-Loudon’s eighth grade topped Danbury 25-19, 25-16. Anna Daniel served five aces and smashed three kills for the Chieftains, while Lydia Walters had nine assists and three digs. Carley Coffman smashed four kills.
* Alyssa Rishty served 10 aces and added five assists in Calvert’s 25-19, 25-15 seventh grade win over St. Joe. Addison King had five aces and four kills.
* Calvert’s eighth grade got past St. Joe, 25-19, 25-15. Olivia Miller had six assists and four kills, while Allison Porter had four assists and two kills.
BOWLING: In the Allen Eiry League, leading the women was Dianne Smith, with a 152 game and Robin Brownell with a 285 series. Leading the men was Dave Everhart, who had a 209 game and a high series of 382.