BOWLING: Leaders for this week in the 55 Plus League at the K of C Lanes went to Greg Elchert (566), Bob Reinhart (545), Mike Kisabeth (487), Jim Ruess (462), Mike Kimmet (461) and Jim Ferstler (453).
GOLF: Rufus Tyree, Paul E. Fey, Ken Zeopp, Bob Grothaus and Larry Wilson shot 6 under to win Thursday’s Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Prize winners were Tom Williams (long putt No. 9) and Grothaus (closest to pin No. 6).
* The Thursday Morning Men’s Senior League at the Front 9 ended in a two-way tie at 3 under. The team of Gary Kroeger, George Wolph and Jim Radcliff tied the team of Mike Hampp, Dave Welly, Jon Eakin and Chuck Wilbert. Prize holes went to Paul Donaldson (closest in one and two) and Kroeger (closest in three).
VARSITY VOLLEYBALL: Old Fort topped Lakota 25-16, 25-14, 25-14 in Sandusky Bay Conference River Division play. Grace Wasserman led the attack with 14 kills and a pair of blocks for OF, while Kara Davidson tacked on 10 kills, Savannah McCoy had two aces, seven kills and nine digs, Chloe Wilkinson compiled three aces and six kills, Emily Hull had three aces, seven digs and 22 assists and Emily Blankenship ended with three aces, nine digs and 12 assists. MarcQue Harris made 11 digs, Ashlyn Magers had eight digs, Jordan Reineck made five digs and Christa Kuhn slammed three blocks.
JV VOLLEYBALL: Buckeye Central beat Colonel Crawford 25-12, 25-16.
* Mohawk beat Cory-Rawson 25-6, 25-12. Kennedy Cleveland tallied nine assists and five digs for the Warriors, Emma Golling had 10 digs, Emily Klopp crushed eight kills, Lily Hammer had seven digs and Molly Zender registered five assists.
* Carey beat Bucyrus 25-4, 25-4.
* Columbian beat Clyde 25-20, 21-25, 25-14 on the strength of 10 kills from Emma Simonds. Jenna Bonnell backed her with six kills and four aces and Madison James lined four blocks and three kills.
* Fremont St. Joe beat Hopewell-Loudon 25-21, 25-17. Allie Milligan registered seven assists and four digs for H-L, Abby Daniel tallied six kills and three digs, Grace Hoover had six digs and four assists and Raylee Baker lined two kills.
* Calvert beat New Riegel 25-22, 25-21. Kelsey Shiley had nine assists and four digs for Calvert, Maddi Schumacher chipped in five digs and four kills, Leah Renniger had five digs, Kate Laney (2 solo blocks) turned in four kills, four assists and four digs and Samantha Wellman lined two kills.
* Old Fort bear Lakota 25-10, 25-11 as Faith Miller lined four kills for OF. Madison Nesselhauf had three kills and seven digs, Alyssa Hoerig added six aces and eight assists, Kennedy Guth had a pair of aces and Jillian Stover finished with three kills and three digs.
FRESHMAN VOLLEYBALL: Carey beat Bucyrus 25-11, 25-12.
* Columbian beat Clyde 25-21, 25-23, thanks to Cecelia Hoover’s 10 digs and four aces. Miriam Al-Zakwani belted eight kills and Basia Regal lined three.
* Calvert beat New Riegel 25-23, 25-13. Lydia Ardner led the victors with 11 assist and three digs, Bradleigh Meier drilled five kills and four aces, Kendal Krzyzak smacked five kills and Kayce Clouse had two digs.
JUNIOR HIGH VOLLEYBALL: Seneca East’s seventh grade beat Mohawk 25-23, 25-14. Jaidyn Kagy gave the Tigers eight assists, six digs and three kills, Alaina Chapman (2 aces) had five digs, four assists and three kills, Natalie Daniel tallied nine aces, seven kills and five digs and Haley Boes drilled seven kills.
* Mohawk’s eighth grade beat Seneca East 25-19, 25-13. Hannah Chaffee led Seneca East with six assists and five kills, Abbi Drosky tallied seven kills and three digs and Myah Geary (2 kills) had five assists and three digs.
JUNIOR HIGH FOOTBALL: Keishon Seitz ran for two touchdowns and Brayden Roggow threw for another two to key Tiffin’s 46-8 win against Clyde. Seitz’s TD runs covered 49 and 26 yards, while Roggow’s scoring tosses went for 60 yards to Bryce Roggo and 30 yards to Jake Koerper. Bryce Roggow added a 33-yard TD run and Damien Brockington added a 4-yard scoring plunge, and the Tornadoes also scored a safety. Brayden Roggow also threw conversion passes to Brady Gooding and Bryce Roggow, and conversion runs came from Brockington and Manny Aller. Seitz finished with 75 yards rushing and Brockington ran for 64, while Brayden Roggow threw for 141 yards. Bryce Roggow had 60 receiving yards and Koerper ended with 56.