RUNNING: The Chasing Christ 5K Run/Walk is June 28 in Galion, starting at the First Lutheran Church at 127. S. Columbus St. Race-day registration costs $20 and runs 7:30-8:45 a.m. The race starts at 9 a.m. There is a free breakfast at the church after the race. Along with runners, the race seeks sponsors and volunteers. For more information or to pre-register, call John Helms at (419) 612-2853. Proceeds benefit the church's trip to the Detroit Rise Up Together Youth gathering.
* The inaugural Mustache Mania 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run is Aug. 9 at Heidelberg University. Registration runs 7:30-8:30 a.m. at Seiberling Gymnasium. Pre-registration cost is $15 for the 5K and $5 for the fun run, and $20 for the 5K and $7 for the fun run on the day of the race. The fun run is for runners 14 and under. For more information, call (419) 448-2100 or send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIFFIN SAINTS: Tiffin's home game Friday against the Ohio Travelers starts at 5:30 p.m.
COACH SOUGHT: Fostoria Junior High seeks a volleyball coach and a cheerleading coach. Send a letter of interest and resume to Michele Wolf at email@example.com.
FOOTBALL: Columbian will hold a camp July 22-24 for students entering fourth through eighth grade. Sessions run 9-11:30 a.m. Cost is $30. For more information, go to the Tiffin City Schools website or Facebook page. Send registrations to coach Brian Colatruglio at the school. Those sending in registrations after July 1 will not receive a T-shirt. For more information, call (419) 937-6457.
VOLLEYBALL: New Riegel's volleyball team will host a sand volleyball tournament Saturday at Bubby's in New Riegel. Registration begins at 8 a.m., with play starting at 10 a.m. Cost is $60 per team, with a 20-team limit. Each team must have at least two females on the court at all times. For more information, call Cindy Walerius at (419) 722-2713.
GOLF: The Tiffin Youth Football League will host its annual four-person scramble June 28 at Seneca Hills. Registration opens at 7 a.m. with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Cost per person is $50 that includes 18 holes of golf, golf cart, lunch, prize holes and a sports memorabilia auction. All proceeds benefit the Tiffin Youth Football teams. Hole sponsorship is $100. For more information, contact Paul Shoemaker at (419) 443-1708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Gary Hohman and Steve Meier lead the second round in the Men's Catholic League at Seneca Hills with 29 points. JJ Miller and Matt Kleinhenz tied for low gross with matching 35s. Hohman's 29 was the low net.
* The team of Pat Herron, Ken Zeop, Bob Hammer and Gene Sherer shot even par to win Monday's Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Jim Miccichi and Frank Michniak shared the low gross with 35s. Dutch Edeburn had the long putt on No. 10 and closest to the pin on No. 16.
* Tim Cessna leads the DTS Par Tee League with 102 points after six weeks. Andy Beebe sits in second place, two points back. Cessna had the low round with a 41, and was a skins game winner along with Mike Hitchcock and Dan Mathias. Prizes were won by Jason Galitza (long putt No. 16), Jared Consolo (long putt No. 12), Beebe (long drive No. 17), Cessna (closest to the pin No. 11) and Mathias (low putts for round).
n In the Baumann Women's Monday Night Scramble League at Clinton Heights, Erica Gordon and Pam Moyer lead with 15 points. The duo also had the low gross.
* The New Riegel Open golf scramble is July 19 at Seneca Hills. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $50 per person the day of the event, or $45 if pre-registered. All proceeds benefit New Riegel athletics. For more information, email email@example.com, or call (419) 937-2053.