FOSTORIA - A Bannister Street residence suffered heavy damage after a fire broke out inside of it Tuesday evening.
According to a release from Fostoria Fire Division, firefighters were called to 303 Bannister St. at 6:03 p.m. after an unidentified caller reported to the fire department's non-emergency line that smoke was coming from the residence's roof.
Upon arrival, firefighters found fire above the interior ceilings and within multiple roofs of the structure. It also was within the walls due to the structure's balloon-type construction, according to the release.
The fire originated within the roof where multiple electrical wiring lines ran, but a specific failure point has not been identified, the release states.
According to the release, the structure suffered heavy damage to the roof and interior ceilings. The loss estimate is $75,000 to the structure and $25,000 to the residence's contents.
No injuries were reported and the Fostoria-Seneca County Red Cross was contacted to assist the homeowner.
According to the release, there were working smoke detectors inside at the time of the fire.
Residents are reminded to use 911 to report any emergency so that calls go directly to the 911 dispatcher to prevent the possible delay of emergency services.
Fostoria Fire Division also reminds residents that smoke detectors are available at the fire station for anyone who cannot afford one.