A big thanks to our veterans
• Thumbs up to veterans, who were celebrated in various ways across the country — including here — this week. We are appreciative of your service to our country.
• Thumbs up to the Seneca East “Tiger Pride” Band for the honor of performing at the New York City Veterans Day Parade Monday. What a great opportunity for the Seneca East students.
• Thumbs down to the latest blast of winter weather, which made travel difficult and kept a majority of the area’s children out of school Tuesday. It seems a little early to have wintry weather wreaking havoc.
• However, thumbs up to the beauty of the first snow. And thumbs up to local emergency personnel and those who keep our roads clear, as they were working double time during the week’s snowstorm.
• Thumbs up to a group of Tiffin University students and faculty who will be traveling to North Carolina to help those in need following a devastating hurricane there. This is the third year TU students have taken a trip to help those in need.
• Thumbs up to the rededication of Riverview Park by the Tiffin Park & Recreation Department, city representatives and residents. The park used $120,000 of Community Development Block Grant funds this summer to receive upgrades.
• Thumbs up to the Seneca East, Carey and Clyde football teams for advancing to the second round of the state playoffs. If you are looking for a good game tonight (Saturday), go at 7 p.m. to Frost-Kalnow Stadium in Tiffin, where Clyde battles Shelby.
• Speaking of good games, Thumbs Up to the Tiffin University football team, which can clinch the outright GMAC title with a victory at Findlay at noon today (Saturday). It’s been a great season for the Dragons, one that could result in a playoff bid.