Park board approved 2019 donor list
During its meeting Tuesday, a list of 2019 donations and grants was approved by the Seneca County Park District board. The list is to be sent to Judge Jay Meyer of Seneca County Probate Court for approval and acceptance.
Donations included $654 for: use of the shelter at Garlo Heritage Nature Preserve by Susan and Jerry Platt, Donna Brose and James and Wilma Baum; from Brittany Martin for use of Alma Pond for a wedding; from Dennis and Natalie Eberly for a Paul Staib memorial; from Marie Vera for a David Zartman memorial; and from Tiffin Rotary Foundation for a Lynn Morton memorial.
Program donations were received from Good Shepherd Home, Fostoria Garden Club and a two anonymous donors, plus a preschool donation from the Dunn family.
In addition, a $20,509 NatureWorks grant was noted from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources for the vault restroom at Forrest Nature Preserve.
In-kind donations were received from:
• Friends of the Seneca County Park District, walnut harvester, $525, and promotional pencils, $431.44.
• Jack Bour/American Fire & Safety Services Inc., annual fire inspection, $178.50.
• Patricia A. Beier Distel, spinning wheel replica, $650.
• Barbara Munroe, tree in memory of Robert B. Munroe Jr., $250.
• Consumable items and promotional services for events and projects, less than $1,000.
Special project donations were received from:
• Barbara Munroe, Robert B. Munroe Jr. memorial paver, $150.
• Herbert Harpster, Garlo park donation, $250.
• Lubrizol Foundation, Herbert Harpster 2018 matching gift for Garlo, $250.
• Tiffin Community Foundation, Fanny Fern and Janet Fahrenbruck Memorial Fund for Zimmerman Nature Preserve, $365.74.