Commissioners to meet this morning
Seneca County commissioners are to meet at 9 a.m. today at their office, 111 Madison St.
The meeting replaces the regularly scheduled Thursday morning meeting.
They are to briefly discuss annexation agreements between the county, the city of Tiffin and the townships of Clinton, Hopewell and Eden.
According to Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership, existing annexation agreements are in place between some of the entities, but they have not been modified for about 20 years. For the agreements to be ratified, public hearings are needed to discuss potential changes to previous agreements.
Part of the agreement process is a public hearing at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the TSEP office, 19 W. Market St. During the hearing, the commissioners and city and township officials are to take comments from the public.
Also Tuesday, the commissioners are to consider:
• A $12,000 supplemental appropriation to the Juvenile Program and Services Fund for contract services.
• Supplemental appropriations of $2,408.33 and $791.45 to the Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Planning FFY18 Fund.
• A fund transfer to the Victims of Crime Act Grant Fund of $19,624.43.
• An agreement between Seneca County and the Ohio Historic Preservation Office.
• A contract service agreement for a federal grant from the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.
• Re-appointing Dr. Richard Ellinger to the Tiffin-Seneca Public Library Board of Trustees.