County seeking donors for Christmas lights
Seneca County commissioners are taking donations for Christmas lights and decorations for the Justice Center area of Downtown Tiffin.
At their meeting Thursday, they approved sending a request to the National Machinery Foundation for $4,000 toward the $19,000 project to be added to about $10,000 already verbally committed from eight local donors.
Amy Reinhart, Downtown Main Street manager, and Audrey Flood, development manager for Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership, updated the commissioners Thursday.
They said the lighting project has three parts — lighting the community Christmas tree, hanging garlands on the Justice Center and placing a decorative archway on the lawn for photos.
The cost breakdown is $1,320 for Christmas tree lights, $1,248 for tree garland, $1,155 for a tree topper, $8,085 for three garlands for the Justice Center and $6,575 for a arch.
Anyone interested in donating can call the commissioners’ office (419) 447-4550 or TSEP at (419) 619-5517.
In other business, the commissioners:
• Congratulated Mircea Handru, executive director of the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties on winning the Ray of Hope Award from the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
• Approved the appointment of Frank Bell to the Sandusky Seneca City of Tiffin Port Authority.
• Approved a $46,712 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for two new tractors.
• Approved a $656.20 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District Fund for contract services.
• Approved a $4,931.82 supplemental appropriation to the county engineer’s CR 10-35-61 Resurfacing Fund transfers out line, and a fund transfer in the same amount to the Maintenance and Repair Fund’s transfers in line.
• Approved a $1,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ohio Peace Officer Training Fund for the sheriff’s office.