Walmart temporarily evacuated for odor investigation
Tiffin’s Walmart store was evacuated for about half an hour Monday evening for an investigation into an electrical odor.
Capt. Mike Steyer of Tiffin Fire Rescue Division said he found no haze, smoke or immediate danger.
It smelled like an overheated ballast for fluorescent lighting, he said.
Firefighters looked over the building and narrowed down the issue to the south side.
Store employees are going to narrow down the issue to different sections of the store by powering off some equipment, he said.
People returned to the store, which is located at 2801 W. SR 18.
“It’s all up and (running),” Steyer said.