×

Firefighters battle blaze at house in Thompson Township

Bellevue Fire Department and Attica-Venice-Reed Fire District responded to a house fire at 14095 TR 136 at 5:26 p.m. Wednesday.

There was one person and two dogs in the home at the time of the fire, but there were no injuries reported, a spokesman from the Bellevue Fire Department said.

The spokesman said the fire was caused by cigarette smoking and began on the back porch of the house, eventually trailing up the side of the house to the attic.

Firefighters worked at the scene for about three and a half hours, the spokesman said.

There was no property loss estimate yet, but insurance adjusters were at the home today, the spokesman said.

It was unclear whether the occupant was displaced from the home, he said.

Paul H. Stewart is the owner of the property, according to the Seneca County Auditor’s website.

COMMENTS