Commissioners to consider electric vehicle charging stations grant project
Seneca County Commissioners are to hear about a potential grant project which could provide vehicle charging stations in the county and get an update from First Step shelter.
They are to meet at 9:30 a.m. at their office, 111 Madison St.
Seneca Regional Planning Commission Executive Director Charlene Watkins is to talk about the grant opportunity with American Electric Power, which could lead to the establishment of vehicle charging stations.
Kelly Beckett, of First Step, Fostoria, is to address the board about the organization’s shelter, advocacy and counseling to victims of domestic violence.
Also Thursday, the commissioners are to connect by phone with county commissioners in Sandusky and Wood counties for a tri-county ditch hearing.
The board also is expected to finalize committee appointments for new commissioner Tony Paradiso, will hear a financial request from Treasurer Paul Harrison and open bids for a 64-passenger school bus on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center.
In other action, the board is planning an executive session to discuss personnel compensation and pending litigation.
The board also is to consider:
• A $2,250 supplemental appropriation to the Public Assistance Fund for HSA.
• A $100,488.10 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund.
• An $85,809.22 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund.
• A $57,389.57 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund.
• Amending previous orders from January to designate an official representative and alternative from the board to vote at the annual meeting of the County Commissioners Association of Ohio.
• An agreement for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Subsidy Grant for Justice Reinvestment and Incentive Grant funding.