McMillon to replace Gagnon as children services director
Seneca County Board of Developmental Disabilities approved hiring Erica McMillon as the new Director of Children’s Services during the board meeting Tuesday afternoon. Her employment contract is for one year and she comes from the Hancock Educational Service Center, where she was a special education teacher. McMillon presently is working on acquiring her doctorate degree from The University of Findlay.
Present Children Services Director Rick Gagnon is to be leaving Aug. 2 while McMillon starts July 22 to familiarize herself with the job.
Consumer Advocacy and Supports Director Marta Mohr noted two gold medal winners for the recent Special Olympics playing bocci ball. She announced the Family Picnic is to be 6 p.m. Thursday at Opportunity Park. Entertainment for the occasion is the Dave & Glenn Duo.
Mohr informed board members 25 students and adults with disabilities are pairing up with 4-H members to participate at the Jodi Depinet Rainey Livestock Show at 3:30 pm, July 27 during fair week.
In other action, board members:
• Recognized Kevin Cramer on the occasion of his retirement after serving 24 years as an intervention specialist.
• Heard the Opportunity Center is in need of bus drivers.
• Noted a $50 donation to Children’s Services from the Tiffin Rotary Foundation.
• Accepted the financial report.
• Approved the 2020 tax budget.
• Approved specifications for a new gas engine, 64 passenger school bus.
• Approved Hurst attending the Ohio State County Boards Conference August 7-9 in Springfield.
• Are considering using September meeting date for a board retreat.
The next meeting of the169 board is to be 4:30 p.m. July 9.