Clyde-Green Springs football heads to Dayton
CLYDE — Athletic Director Ryan Greenslade led a discussion with the Clyde-Green Springs Board of Education Monday about traveling to Dayton to play a football game.
With the district now in Division IV in football, it is traveling farther for competition. A game with Belmont Sept. 27 was the topic. Greenslade presented a proposal for three charter buses to be used to transport the team to the game at a cost of $1,940 per bus. The tab is being picked up by the Flier Football Foundation and the athletic department. A couple donors have stepped up also.
A fan bus is being organized with a cost of $40-$50 per person.
Board members expressed concern about the how the costs look to voters because the district is attempting to pass a levy.
Board member Matt Jenne reported the district is talking with Energy Optimizers about cost savings for lighting.
In other action, the board:
• Approved the treasurer’s report.
• Approved fiscal year 2019 amended appropriations.
• Approved fiscal year 2020 temporary appropriations at 35% of expenditure levels.
• Approved purchase of district fleet, liability and property insurance from Ohio School Plan from July 1-June 30, 2020, not to exceed $54,000.
• Transferred $50,000 from the General Fund to the Termination Benefit Fund.
• Transferred $8,000 from the General Fund to the Principal’s Fund for the Positive Behavior Interventions and Support program at four schools for $2,000 each.
• Approved staff personnel action.
• Approved student/parent handbooks for 2019-20.
• Approved the budget of Clyde Public Library beginning fiscal year 2020.
• Approved a services contract between WSOS Community Action Commission Inc. and Clyde-Green Springs Board of Education from July 1- June 30, 2020.
• Revised a board policy regarding the records retention and disposal schedule.
• Approved disposal of College Credit Plus books no longer used and Take Flight Center books not checked out. Books are to be donated.
• Approved administrative three-year contracts for Ryan Norris, Brian Cannon, Katey Brown, Randy Stockmaster, Jackie Davis, Joe Letterhos, Jordan Hasselbach and Ryan Greenslade.
• Accepted gifts and donations to the schools.
A community meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. July 9 in the Clyde High School cafeteria. The next regular meeting is at 6 p.m. July 22 in the Clyde City Council chambers.