Seneca Co. Fair Board looks to 2019 season programs
The Seneca County fair board discussed pending program contracts and events coming to the fairgrounds before the kick off of the 2019 fair season (July 22-28) during Tuesday night’s meeting.
This year’s “Let the good times grow!” and “Boots, Jeans and Ohio Dreams” themed Fair and Junior Fair, (respectively) books are printed and up for grabs in the fair board office and throughout local businesses, with just over two months remaining before opening day which is to be July 22.
There are numerous advertising, entertainment, maintenance, etc., contracts that are still pending, awaiting the agreement and approval of terms between the specific entities and the fair board.
Junior Fair Board and 4-H members are also moving full steam ahead as they continue to plan and participate in community fundraising events including — a horse training and series of showmanship classes with students from the School of Opportunity, meet mandatory academic Junior Fair / OSU Extension requirements, and even coordinate their own programming for fair week.
Before adjourning into an executive session, the fair board also discussed:
• Fair books were not mailed this year.
• District 1 and 2 meetings stressed daily ride/attraction inspections, proposed selecting fair week dates for 3 years at a time vs. annually;
• 4-H Camp is to be June 7.
• OSU Extention “Exploring ‘Commodity Carnival,’ and large/farm animal raising costs” is to be September 24.
• Service animals are allowed in barns and buildings on fairgrounds.