Barrel season underway: Local lane restrictions, detours ahead
Lane restrictions and detours are expected in Seneca County as work on and along roads gets underway, according to the Ohio Department of Transportation.
SR 18 is to be closed between TR 66 and TR 87 June 3-17 while a bridge is repaired.
Also, ODOT District Two advises of lane restrictions on:
• SR 4 between the Huron County line and Crawford County line Thursday through June 7 due to sign replacement.
• SR 4 between CR 58 and Pontiac Section Line Road Thursday through June 5 due to pavement repair.
• SR 12 between the Sandusky County line and Hancock County line June 3-7 due to sign replacement.
• SR 18 between the Sandusky County line and Hancock County line June 10-21 due to sign replacement.
• SR 18 between SR 101 and TR 207 Tuesday through next Friday due to pavement repair.
• SR 19 between US 224 and SR 162 Wednesday through next Friday due to pavement repair.
• SR 100 between CR 58 and TR 139 through today for pavement repair.
Meanwhile, work on US 6 and US 20 in Sandusky County is to impact that interchange through November. The ramp there is to be closed from eastbound US 6/20 to eastbound US 6/5th Street (Exit 102) through June. The posted detour is via SR 412 (Exit 103); westbound US 20; and eastbound US 6 (Exit 102). A ramp is to be closed from US 6/5th Street to eastbound US 20 June 3-21. The detour is via westbound US 6/20; northbound SR 53 (Exit 101); and eastbound US 6/20. US 6 is closed over US 20 between Countryside Drive and CR 198. The detour is via Countryside Drive; SR 412; and US 20/6.