OHIO DOMINICAN: Seneca East senior Blaine Swartzmiller will continue his football and education career at Ohio Dominican University.
JV TENNIS: Columbian picked up wins against Bellevue from the doubles teams of Trey Shuey and Jaythan Triplat, Andrew Shawberry and Brian Siesel, Bryce Burns and Dustin Hawk, and Tyler Yandura and Landin Daum.
* Upper Sandusky’s Isaiah Hale won a match 8-1 against Bucyrus.
* Clyde got singles wins against Vermilion from Hunter Rofkar, Andrew Kauble, Ethan Keegan and Mat Jackson.
JV BASEBALL: H-L beat Woodmore 20-10. Tyler Fedele drove in four runs and singled four times for H-L and Ethan Watkins had three singles and five RBIs. Adam Daniel earned the win.
JUNIOR HIGH BASEBALL: Jayce Dinan hit a solo homer and Bryce Roggow tripled and doubled to fuel Tiffin’s 14-0 win against Mansfield. Dylan Reinhart added a double for Tiffin (4-0), Manny Aller and Braylon Auble each singled twice, and Garritt Prenzlin, Brayden Roggow and Blaise Wagner all singled. Reinhart fanned eight over three innings and Wagner struck out three in two innings.
BOWLING: Ron Mellott had the high series with a 549 and the high game with a 212 in the 55 Plus League at the K of C Lanes. Dave Everhart had a 204 game. Other notable series were rolled by Jim Donaldson (516), Bill Mizen (514), Everhart (509), Jim Ruess (475) and Rob Reinhart (470).
GOLF: The Men’s Catholic League will hold an organizational meeting April 17 at 5 p.m. at Seneca Hills.
* Call Seneca Hills at (419) 447-9089 if interested in playing the Monday night Carmie’s Two-Man League. Play your ball with handicap A play A, B play B, one point per hole. It begins at 5 p.m. April 15.
* Thursday night’s (looking for a new sponsor) two-man scramble with handicap starts April 25 at 5-5:30 p.m. Speak with PGA Professional Bobby Pollitt with any questions.
* The Seneca Hills Tuesday Morning Ladies League begins May 7. Players should arrive at 8 a.m. for the 8:30 a.m. tee time. The pre-league fun golf begins with a 9 a.m. tee time April 16, 23 and 30. New players are welcome. For more information, call Marge Kirian at (419) 447-9438 or Lou Ann Newlove at (419) 983-3295.
* The Wednesday Morning AMVETS Retirees League has openings for two-man teams and individuals. The league plays a shamble format. Play starts May 8. For more information, call Bob Grothaus at (567) 207-5651.
* The Seneca Hills Retirees League starts April 15. Tee time is 10 a.m. with sign-in by 9:30 a.m. New players are welcome. For more information call (419) 447-9446.
* The 2019 Par Tee League, sponsored by Phat Cakes, starts May 7 at Clinton Heights. The league lasts 18 weeks and will be played in three seasons. Players can tee off between 4-6 p.m. This is a league with individual play with handicap. League players will collect points for each week based on how they play each of the nine holes each week. Points are similar to the Stableford Scoring System. Sign up at Clinton Heights and pick up rules information and a schedule. Cost is $25. For more information, contact Dan Mathias at email@example.com or (419) 348-6306.
* The Monday Morning Reineke Two Man Scramble at Clinton Heights will begin a fun day April 22 with the league beginning April 29. Sign up at the course or call Mike Hampp (567) 230-0393.
BIG STICKS BASEBALL: A coaches and parents meeting will be held Tuesday at the TMS Cafeteria for all those interested in or registered to play Big Sticks Baseball in the Seneca County League this summer. The coaches meeting begins at 6 p.m. for anyone who is interested in coaching or help coach, while the parents meeting is at 7 p.m. BSBC encourages all parents to attend, as they will discuss league rules, schedules, player requirements, etc. The league seeks coaches and umpires at all levels. All questions or inquires can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.