Briefs, April 4
COACHES SOUGHT: Tiffin Columbian High School is looking for a head volleyball coach and a head varsity girls basketball coach. Candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to Derek Lewis Athletic Director at Columbian High School, 300 South Monroe Street or firstname.lastname@example.org
MEN’S SOFTBALL: The Tiffin Men’s Softball League is accepting teams for a Tuesday Night Recreational League at Hedges-Boyer Park. Cost will be $425 per team. Teams interested in playing should contact the Tiffin Park and Recreation Department at (419) 448-5408 or email@example.com
VARSITY SOFTBALL: Carey fell prey to the Riverdale, 4-2 Wednesday. Carey’s Makenzie Wentling had a double and a triple, while Taylor Fletcher and Abby Hall each scored. Ali Rymer threw a complete game giving up four runs while recording nine strikeouts. Riverdale’s Jordyn Wright scored two runs, while Taylor Farmer had one run and a double while Bre Parish had one run and a triple. Farmer pitched the complete game giving up two runs while striking out eight.
* Morgan Gangwer homered, had four hits and drove in four runs as Lakota outlasted Leipsic, 18-10, Wednesday. Alaina Bickford and Aubrey Bickford each drove in a pair of runs for the Raiders, while Gangwer allowed four earned runs in 6 2/3 innings to pick up the win.
HALL OF FAME: The Wyandot Sports Hall of Fame will hold its induction banquet April 19. High school scholar-athletes to be honored are Upper Sandusky’s Tylor Pritchard and Amber Cox, Mohawk’s Clara Adelsperger and Mitch Parker, Wynford’s KarLee Schiefer and Nathan Smith, Carey’s Gwen Wentling and Zac Sauber, and Riverdale’s Breanne Parish and Jarod Rickle.
GOLF: The Tuesday Two-Man Best Ball League at Clinton Heights starts April 29 and seeks new players. To enter, visit or call the golf course at (419) 447-8863.
* The Clark Construction Ladies Thursday Golf League will hold an organizational meeting at 6 p.m. April 17 at Clinton Heights Golf Course. To sign up, visit the course or call (419) 447-7441 or (419) 639-2087.
* The Reineke Ford Monday Morning Two-Man Scramble League will have a fun day April 21 and will begin April 28. To join, call Mike Hampp at (567) 230-0393 or Clinton Heights at (419) 447-8863.
* Bump’s Tuesday Retiree Traveling League begins play at 11 a.m. April 8 at Seneca Hills. For more information, call (419) 595-2756.
* The Seneca Hills Retirees League begins play at 10 a.m. April 14. Players must sign in by 9:30 a.m. For more information, call (419) 447-9446.
* Sign-up information for the Tuesday Afternoon Steyer Seed Two-Man Scramble League is available at Clinton Heights, or by calling the course at (419) 447-8863 or Dick Gower at (419) 448-4361.
BOWLING In the Allen Eiry Center, Harry Smith had the high men’s score 243. Linda Reinhart had the high women’s score, bowling a 170. She had the women’s high series of 370.
BASEBALL: Tiffin Area Babe Ruth League will host a player selection draft at 1 p.m. Saturday at Vic Wurm Field at Hedges-Boyer Park in Tiffin. To qualify, a player must be age 13-15 and not turn 16 before May 1. Players may contact Fred McDole at (419) 455-4490 or (567) 320-3018 or visit tabrl.baberuthonline.com. League also still seeks coaches for the 2014 season.
* Tiffin E League is registering players for the upcoming season. Players must be age 8-10 before May 1. Players can register at www.tiffinparks.com. For more information, call (419) 448-5408 or send an E-mail to
SOFTBALL: Tiffin Ponytail is registering players for the upcoming season. Players must be age 8-13 before May 1. Players can register at www.tiffinparks.com. For more information, call (419) 448-5408 or send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.