Briefs, April 1
MAL BASKETBALL: The Midland Athletic League basketball record manual is for sale. The manual costs $15 and includes scores, stats, all-league teams, coaching records and more since the inception of the league in 1985. To buy a manual, send $20 ($5 for postage) to Jeff Garber, P.O. Box 303, Sycamore, OH 44882, or call (419) 927-6446. Garber can also be contacted by those who want to update an existing manual.
JUNIOR HIGH TRACK: Tiffin Middle School’s girls claimed a triangular against Hopewell-Loudon and New Riegel with 113 1/2 points. Hopewell-Loudon scored 41 1/2 points and New Riegel had two points. The Tornadoes swept all four scoring places in the 100 hurdles, 200 and discus, and got wins in the 100, 1,600, 4×100, 4×200, 800, 4×400, shot and high jump. Hopewell-Loudon got wins in the 400, long jump and pole vault.
COACH SOUGHT: Upper Sandusky seeks a varsity wrestling coach. Send a letter of interest, resume and references to Athletic Director Brad Ehrman, Upper Sandusky High School, 800 N. Sandusky Ave., Upper Sandusky, Ohio 43351 or email@example.com.
* Fremont St. Joseph has an opening for a varsity assistant softball coach and a varsity boys golf coach. For more information, contact Gary Geller at (419) 332-9947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOLF: The annual Miletti Golf Outing is June 8 at Seneca Hills Golf Course with four-person men, women and mixed teams. The outing will benefit Calvert Athletic Boosters. Call Mike Arbogast at (419) 937-8348 for more information.
* The Jeffrey Jewelry Best-Ball League will hold an organizational meeting April 7 at 5:30 p.m. at Seneca Hills. For more information, call the course at (419) 447-9446 or (419) 448-4422.
* The Clinton Heights Senior Golf league is open to new members. Opening day is scheduled for April 16. Players should sign up before 9:30 a.m.
* The Clover Club League will hold an organizational meeting Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Clover Club. If unable to attend, call Louie Brickner at (419) 618-5858.
* Sign up is available at Clinton Heights for the Tuesday Afternoon Steyer Seed Two-Man Scramble League. Play begins April 15 with a short meeting and a fun night at 4 p.m. Regular season matches begin April 22. For more information, stop by the course or call (419) 447-8863 or (419) 448-4361.
BASEBALL: Tiffin D League seeks coaches. Must be at least 21, work well with youth, have a good rapport with parents, have knowledge of the game and be a positive role model. Send resume to Jeff Hohman at 216 Hudson St., Tiffin, Ohio 44883 or call (419) 448-7321.
* Tiffin D League will hold a double-elimination house tournament May 2-4 for 11- to 12-year-olds. Cost is $200. The deadline to enter is April 19. For more information, call Jeff Hohman at (419) 448-7321.
HEIDELBERG MENS BASKETBALL YOUTH CAMP: Coach Andy Bucheit and the Heidelberg University men’s basketball program will host a skills camp for fourth through seventh graders. Session one for boys entering fourth and fifth grade will be June 9-11. Session two for boys entering sixth and seventh grade will be June 16-18.
TIFFIN SAINTS BASEBALL: The Tiffin Saints’ season will run from May 24 through Labor Day. Opposing teams will come to Tiffin for a three-game series on Fridays through Sundays. There are 24 home games scheduled this year. There are sponsorship opportunities available if you are interested in promoting your business while helping the club. For more information, contact Brian Dutton at email@example.com or (419) 508-4707.