JV VOLLEYBALL: Hopewell-Loudon beat Carey 25-12, 25-11.
* Calvert defeated Old Fort 11-25, 25-19, 25-19. Alexi Nielsen’s 12 kills and Mallory Paul’s eight sparked the Senecas. Allison Huss tossed up 23 assists and Sydney Felter had 13 digs. Old Fort’s Mackenzie Ward had 16 digs and five kills, and Thalia Lopez added 13 digs.?* In a battle of unbeatens, New Riegel beat Mohawk 25-19, 25-19. Hailey Theis had four blocks, two kills and five digs, Leah Bouillon had eight assists, five aces, and two blocks, Brittany Baker had 15 digs, and Elizabeth Zoeller recorded five digs, and two kills. For Mohawk, Emily Conner lined five kills while Stacy Clouse added four kills, eight assists and 11 digs. Brooke McClain and Chelsey Trusty each picked up 13 digs. Hannah Kieffer added seven assists and nine digs.?* St. Wendelin beat Lakota 24-26, 25-8, 25-18.
JUNIOR HIGH FOOTBALL: Columbian defeated Willard 28-22. Todd Simonds threw three touchdown passes to Jakob Amory, with the two also connecting on a two-point conversion. Simonds also threw a TD pass to Tony Szablewski. Szablewski also ran in a conversion. Josh Owens had five tackles for the Tornadoes.?
*Mohawk lost to Hopewell-Loudon in seventh grade action 20-12. Tanner Osborn and Bryce Kirian both scored touchdown runs.?
*Mohawk blanked Hopewell-Loudon in eighth grade action 38-0. Parker Brown ran for two touchdowns as well as two two-point conversions, Zach Haymen had a fumble recovery returned for a touchdown, Nick Thies had a touchdown and one two-point conversion, and Zach Binau threw a touchdown pass to Daniel Price. Binau and Price both had interceptions.
GOLF: Rich Focht and Greg Tiell defeated Danny Krupp and Bud Witsman in the first semifinal match, and Fred Smith and Gary Lynch beat Bo Yanni and Rich Burkette in the second match during the Jeffrey Jewelry Monday Night Two-Man League at Seneca Hills. This set up the championship match, where Focht and Tiell defeated Smith and Lynch on the second hole of sudden death to become this year’s champions.
* Denny Krupp and Cory Banks defeated Mike Porter and Nate Hartman 24-16 in the first semifinal match during the Men’s Catholic League at Clinton Heights. Bud Witsman and Jarrod Huffman defeated Matt Kleinhenz and Jeff Meier 23-17 in the other semifinal match. The two winning teams will face each other next week for the championship. Larry and CJ Kisabeth lead the league with 13 points. Carl Rainey and Ron Kern had the low gross shooting a 31. Prize holes were awarded to Joe Snyder (closest to the pin No. 11), Steve Zirger (long putt No. 13) and CJ Kisabeth (closest in two No. 15)
* Lowell Hostler, Stan Bowers, Gregg Bishop and Frank Michniack were six under par to win Thursday’s Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Prize winners were Paul R. Fey (closest to the pin No. 2) and Stan Bowers (long putt No. 7).
JUNIOR HIGH VOLLERBALL: Old Fort fell to Calvert in seventh grade action, 25-18, 26-24. Madison Guth recorded five digs, Faith Williams had two assists, and Morgan Miller delivered three aces in a hard fought game. Calvert’s Mallary Niesler had three aces and one kill, and Shelby Hemmi recorded two aces and two kills.
* Old Fort defeated Calvert in eighth grade action, 25-22, 25-11. Hanna Bilger had three aces and seven assists, Sydney Hossler recorded two aces and three kills, and Kiely Taylor added six kills to help lead the team to victory. Calvert’s Maria Goshe had two aces, one kill and one dig, and Ashley Reinhart recorded one aces and two digs.?* New Riegel defeated Mohawk in seventh grade action 25-17, 25-21. Madalyn Reinhart had four kills, Christen Hohman recorded four assists, and Victoria Provino added 12 points and five aces. Mohawk’s Aubrey Margraf had seven aces, one dig and one assist. Abby Glover had two kills and one dig.?* New Riegel was victorious over Mohawk in eighth grade action 25-13, 27-25. Lindsay Bouillon had seven assists and Brianna Gillig added four kills. Mohawk’s Hannah Jordan had two kills, three digs, and one ace, and Destini Ohler recorded two kills, one dig and one ace.??FRESHMAN VOLLEYBALL: New Riegel fell to Mohawk 15-25, 25-7, 25-19. Emily Conner had nine kills and two blocks. Addie Thiery had five kills. Chelsey Trusty dished out 23 assists to go along with seven aces and three kills. For New Riegel, Kylie Tiell had 11 assists, four aces and five digs, Shelby Mathias had seven kills and four digs, and Haley Hoepf recorded six kills, two aces and 10 digs.??TIFFIN LITTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALL: The AMVETS Browns scored 22 unanswered points shutting out the VFW Bengals 22-0. L.J. Reaves rushed for 44 yards, and had 30 yards receiving. Brenton Brown threw for 85 yards, ran for 24 yards and had two touchdowns. Nick Jackson racked up 30 yards on the ground, 25 yards receiving, one touchdown and a fumble recovery. Takia Goodman had the defensive high of six tackles. Robert Daniel lead the VFW Bengals with 54 rushing yards. Valencia Ludwick recorded seven tackles.
*The Tiffin Eagles defeated the Tiffin Moose Chiefs 6-0. Brody Conley lead the Eagles with 82 yards on the ground and seven tackles. Hunter Richardson racked up 65 rushing yards and had the games only touchdown. Morgan Price had six tackles, two of which were for a loss. Nick Koerper had 63 rushing yards for the Moose Chiefs. Drake Devore had the team high nine tackles. ?*The AMVETS Browns junior varsity ran over the VFW Bengals 18-6. Hayden Carter lead the team with 76 rushing yards, one touchdown and a fumble recovery. Gauge Bogner added 25 yards on the ground and a touchdown of his own. Jodin Bell had 21 rushing yards, one touchdown and lead the team in tackles with seven. Ethan Melick ran for 85 yards and a touchdown for the VFW Bengals. Jack Burkholder recorded five tackles.
- ?JUNIOR VARSITY TENNIS: Columbian’s junior varsity had three doubles victories. Allison Werling and Kaelyn Armstrong, Bri Goodman and Riley Rucklos, and Kaleigh Abbott and Elizabeth Smith were the winning teams.?* Calvert’s junior varsity recorded two doubles victories. Nicole Fretz and Lindsay Horn, and Bradlee Warnement and Regina Hoepf were the winning teams.??5K YOUTH AND ADULT RACE: The Tiffin Community YMCA will host the annual Heritage 5k youth and adult race. Youth race will begin at 6 p.m. Grades K-3 will run 1/2 mile and 4-6 will run a mile. The adult 5k road race begins at 7 p.m. Price is $2 for youth and $20 for adults. Walkers are welcome. Call the YMCA at 419-447-8711 for information or to register.?