BOWLING: Bob Reinhart rolled the mens high game with a 188, and Joanne Elchert rolled the ladies high game with a 175. Bob Reinhart also had the mens high series with a 340, and Joanne Elchert had the ladies high series with a 320.
JV VOLLEYBALL: New Riegel defeated visiting St. Wendelin 25-20, 25-8 in two sets. New Riegel’s Leah Bouillon had eight assists, three kills seven aces, and four digs. Hailey Theis and Bailey Reinhart each had four kills. Elizabeth Zoeller had fivedigs. New Riegel is now 8-0 on the season
* Mohawk beat Hopewell-Loudon, 25-21, 25-20, to stay undefeated on the year. Stacy Clouse had five aces, four assists and two kills for Mohawk. Katie Pinkston had two kills and four digs and Alexis Jenkins had six digs for the Warriors.
* Old Fort beat Seneca East, 25-18, 25-9. Caylie Menkhoff had 15 aces, Mackenzie Ward had five aces and five kills and Hali Kimmet had nine assists for Old Fort.
* Calvert won over North Baltimore, 23-25, 27-25, 25-22. Lauren Somodi had 22 digs and Lexi Nielsen had seven kills for the Senecas.
JV GOLF: Upper Sandusky stroked Bucyrus, 212-227. Cameron Binau carded a 47 with Turner Dilley shot a 52. Collin Gardner and Hunter Rhoden shot 56 and 57, respectively.
* Columbian edged Shelby, 201-206, behind a pair of 49s from Logan Gardner and Jason Whiteman. Will Smothers carded a 51 and Jared Consolo had a 52.
FRESHMAN VOLLEYBALL: Calvert fell to North Baltimore, 25-12, 25-18.
JV TENNIS: Clyde’s Alyssa Brutsche, Autumn Dearsman, Marissa Gill, Jane Kardotzke, Ashley VanDoren, Melissa Laconis, and Maddie St. Marie all recorded singles victories over Sandusky St. Mary’s
* Columbian’s teams of AnnMarie Petrosino and Olivia Smith, Kaelyn Armstrong and Dallas Steward, and Hannah Hawk and Kaleigh Abbott all recorded doubles victories over Bellevue.
* Calvert swept its three reserve matches. Bradlee Warnement and Lindsay Horn blanked Hope Martin and Kensie Young, 6-0, in doubles action. Regina Hoepf bested Patience Martin, 6-5, and Nicole Fretz beat Kayley Makever, 6-2.
JUNIOR HIGH VOLLEYBALL: Seneca East dumped Old Fort in seventh grade action, 22-25, 25-19, 25-19. Old Fort was paced by Faith Williams’ seven assists, Morgan Miller’s four digs and six kills and Madison Fruth’s five aces and four kills. For the Tigers, Ally Bridgeford had nine aces and three kills and Kayla Snavely had four aces and one kill.
* Old Fort busted up Seneca East in eighth grade action, 22-25, 27-25, 25-16. Hanna Bilger had three kills, three aces and two assists for Old Fort. Whitney Bilger had four kills and three digs and Sarah Hossler had six kills. Sydney Hossler had two kills, three aces and three assists. Madisyn Spencer had three aces, seven assists and two digs. For Seneca East, Hallie Miller had three aces and four assists. Madison Miller had two kills and two aces.
* New Riegel rallied to beat St. Wendelin, 19-25, 25-21, 29-27, in seventh grade volleyball. Madelyn Reinhart had three kills and two assists, Sarah Schalk had three kills and Christen Hohman had four aces for the Blue Jackets.
* New Riegel needed just two games to best St. Wendelin, 25-12, 25-14, in eighth grade play. For New Riegel, Jacquelyn Lininger had eight points and six kills, Alyssa McDannel had two digs and two points and Lindsay Bouillon had six assists.
* Calvert rolled North Baltimore in the seventh grade action, 25-8, 25-17. Aliah Hohman had four aces and Shelby Hemminger had three aces. Mallary Nielsen had three kills and Sophie Burtis had a choice two assists.
* Calvert edged North Baltimore, 25-21, 25-21, in eighth grade play. Elayna Kapelka had eight aces and six kills. Kennedy Smith had seven assists. Claire Thompson had three kills and Ashley Reinhart had three aces and two assists.
* Hopewell-Loudon topped Mohawk, 25-19, 25-11, in seventh grade action. Dakota Thomas had nine aces and Jennifer McCumber had eight for the Chieftains. Annie Settles had four kills and four aces.
* In eighth grade action, Hopewell-Loudon triumphed over Mohawk, 25-19, 25-8. Alex Endicott and Hailey Coppus each had five aces for the Chieftains while Jacque Burns had two kills and Alex Kiser added three blocks.
* Calvert upended Bucyrus Holy Trinity on Wednesday night, 25-15, 25-20, in eighth grade play. Kennedy Smith had six assists and five aces. Ashley Reinhart had five aces and Elayna Kapelka had four herself with two kills and a block. Miranda Immele had three kills.
JUNIOR HIGH FOOTBALL: Parker Brown rushed for a touchdown and three two-point conversions, Nick Theis rushed for two touchdowns and one two-point conversion of his own as Mohawk cruised past North Baltimore 38-0. Rico Lopez and Daniel Price each rushed for a touchdown, while Ian Pursell had two interceptions and Zach Binau also had one interception.
* Seneca East’s eighth grade beat Calvert 24-14. Brock Martin ran 65 yards for one score for the Tigers, returned a punt 50 yards for a touchdown and ran back an interception 60 yards for another TD. Bo Smith hit Brittain Marker with a 10-yard touchdown pass, and Austin Curtiss also intercepted a pass.
* Seneca East rolled past Calvert’s seventh grade 24-6. Blain Swartzmiller, Andrew Daniel and Noah Branahm each scored for the Tigers, and Collan Martin and Jordan McGill each picked off a pass.
GOLF: Clinton Heights will host the fifth annual Prostate Cancer Awareness Tour on Sunday. Cost is $40 per person for the 18-hole scramble and includes a golf cart, participation in prizes and raffles and lunch. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. To pre-register, E-mail prostatecancerawareness2005(at)gmail.com.
* The team of Lowell Hosler, Dutch Edenbern, and Gene Sherer were 8-under par to win Thursday’s Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Edebern was closest to the pin on No. 18. Sherer had the long putt on No. 12.
*Bauman’s Wednesday Night League at Clinton Heights Golf Course saw the team of Mark and Mike Griffin defeat Larry and CJ Kisabeth to win this years title.
TIFFIN LITTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Nick Koerper ran for 114 yards, a touchdown and a conversion as the Moose Chiefs blanked the VFW Bengals 10-0 in the season opener. Jakson Harris added 93 rushing yards and six tackles, Drake Devore had five tackles and recovered a fumble and Bryce Daughenbaugh added four tackles and a fumble recovery for a safety.
* The Tiffin AMVETS Browns beat the Tiffin Eagles 16-6, getting 83 yards passing, 18 yards rushing, a touchdown and two conversions from Brenton Brown. L.J. Reeves backed him with 73 receiving yards and 31 rushing yards, and Brandon Cox had a touchdown, a fumble recovery and a seven tackles. Nick Jackson ran for 36 yards and Anthony Thallman recovered a fumble. The Eagles got 80 yards rushing and 20 yards passing from Hunter Richardson, who also scored a TD and blocked a punt. Brady Conley ran for 50 yards, Ethan Winnick, Mason Scott and Brady Fox each picked off a pass, and Reese Moore and Michael Eisenhower both tallied five tackles.
* The Moose Chiefs junior varsity blanked the VFW Benglas junior varsity 14-0. Brendan Ingersol recovered a fumble for a touchdown, Bryan Harrison ran for 16 yards and a score, Xavier oesch ran for 26 yards and a conversion, Tai Ricker had eight tackles and Garrett Chester recorded five tackles. Lance Crawford had five tackles and a fumble recovery for the Bengals, Chris Bruno and Jack Burkholder both had four tackles, Cole Jordan ran for 17 yards and Bryan Edler completed a 9-yard pass to Kesean Jackson.
* The Tiffin Eagles doubled up the AMVETS Browns 12-6, thanks to Kia Moore’s 65-yard interception return for a TD and Cole Eisenhower’s touchdown run. Eisenhower also had five tackles, as did Collin Barth. Hayden Raitz had a 60-yard TD run for the AMVETS as part of an 84-yard rushing day. Hadyen Carter ran for 35 yards and recorded five tackles, Jodin Bell had six tackles, Nathan Hickman tallied four tackles and a sack, Chance Lawrence ran for 38 yards and Donovan Kiser had a sack.