CALVERT: Calvert’s second mandatory OHSAA parent meeting is at 7 p.m. today in the gym. For more information, contact Drew Felton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLUMBIAN: The mandatory OHSAA meeting for high school and middle school athletes and parents is Thursday at 6 p.m. in Columbian High’s auditorium.
COACH SOUGHT: Calvert seeks a high school wrestling coach. Send a cover letter, resume and three references to Athletic Director Drew Felton at email@example.com or Calvert Schools, 152 Madison St., Tiffin, Ohio, 44883.
GOLF: In the Bauman Two-Man Best Ball League at Clinton Heights, the team of Louie Brickner and Mike Theis are leading with 15 1/2 points. Craig Losey was closest to the pin on No. 5. The team of Derek Lewis and Losey had the low gross with 31.
- Will Rennells and Chan Dunlap won the second third of the Old Fort Ex-Hi Bauman’s Golf League with 64 points. Prize holes went to Marc Strausser (closest to pin in three on No. 13), Roger Sours (long putt on No. 14) and Ron Rau (closest to pin on No. 17).
- At the Seneca Hills Tuesday Morning Ladies League, Carla Siebenaller had low gross, Pook Sours was the first to one-putt a hole and Barb Kuhn was closest to green in three on No. 5.
- In the Baumann Group Monday Night Ladies Scramble League Early Shift at Clinton Heights, Marie Shuey and Carla Siebenthaler lead. Barb Kuhn and Nita Doran were closest to pin in two on No. 12 and had long drive on No. 17 while Linda Lawrence and Paula Wise had the long putt on No. 16. Doran and Kuhn had low gross.
- Juli Weininger and Jani Yanni lead the Late Shift in the Baumann Group Monday Night Ladies Scramble League at Clinton Heights. Yanni and Weininger (long drive on No. 17) and Kerry Jones and Morgan Niedermier (closest in two on No. 12, long putt on No. 16) were prize hole winners.
- The team of Ed Lutz, Bob Haefling and Gene Sherer were three-over par to win Monday’s Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Prize winners were Ron Kagley (closest to pin on No. 6, long putt on No. 8) and Lutz (low gross of 38).
- Steve Lauer, John Armstrong, Dick Watson and Jim Homan combined to shoot eight under par to win the Bump’s Tuesday Traveling League. Next week’s outing will be at Oak Harbor Golf Club beginning at 9:30.
- In the Steyer Seed Tuesday Afternoon Scramble League at Clinton Heights, Jim Carter and Dave Kirby and Joey and Billy Diehm are final third divisional leaders. Prize holes went to Lonzo Stover (closest to pin on No. 11), Billy Diehm (closest in two on No. 13 and long drive on No. 15) and Ted Rombach (long putt on No. 18). Ryan and Phill Huss had low gross (32).
- Dave and Mike Porter lead the second half of the K of C golf league with 14 points. Prize winners were Tom Ritzler (closest to pin on No. 3), Brad Hess (long putt on No. 6) and Tony Latona (closest to pin on No. 8).
- Doug Stone and Hayden Stone were winners of the Parent/Child Golf Tournament with a 42. John and Jaylen Hill (43), Linda Lawrence and Drew Ritzler (44), Patrick Therriault and Luke Musil (44), Steve Steinmetz and Mercedes Runion (53) and Glenn Moore and Zach Kalatsky (53) all competed.
- Nate Hartman and Mike Porter won the second-third of the Men’s Catholic League at Seneca Hills with 158 points. Marc Lee shot low gross (34) and low net (30).
SOCCER: Tiffin Columbian will be hosting an Alumni soccer game for any graduates that played soccer at Columbian during their high school career. The game will start at 6:30 p.m. Friday at Frost-Kalnow stadium. We ask the alumni to wear a blue shirt for the game.
NFL PUNT PASS & KICK: The annual punt pass and kick competition is on August 25 at 12:30 p.m. at Frost Kalnow stadium. There will be five age groups (6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13 and 14-15) where boys and girls will compete separately. For more information or to register, call the Park & Recreation Department at (419) 448-5408.
TIFFIN SAINTS: The Tiffin Saints semi-pro baseball team will welcome manager Bill Madlock with a dinner served by Reino’s Aug. 30 at AMVETS at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $30. The menu is lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, salad, breadsticks, dessert, lemonade, coffee and an all-you-can-eat buffet. Team T-shirts and photos with Madlock will also be available. Players intending to tryout should attend.
SOFTBALL: The Erie Diamonds traveling fast-pitch softball organization will hold tryouts for its 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U teams Saturday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at Lions Park in Castalia. Girls should come a half hour early for registration. For more information, call Rick Meyer at (419) 366-4135 or Scott Dickman at (419) 357-8684.
VOLLEYBALL: The Fort Seneca Community Park Fest co-ed tournament is Aug. 10, starting at noon. Cost is $30 per team for the double-elimination tournament in P.M. Gillmor Community Park. For more information or to register, call or text (419) 618-5528. A cornhole tournament will also occur at 5 p.m, with a $5 per person entry fee. The event will also include two dodgeball tournaments, one for adults and one for children. Cost for each dodgeball tournament is $1 per person per game.