GIRLS BASKETBALL: Three Buckeye Central players scored in double digits Friday in a 52-41 Northern 10 Athletic Conference win against Colonel Crawford. Courtney Pifher tallied 14 points, eight rebounds and three assists for the Bucks (19-3, 14-2 N10), Taylor Ratliff scored 12 points and Lexi Evak added 10 points. Claudia Pifher dished another four assists and Evak had six rebounds.
GIRLS JV BASKETBALL: North Baltimore beat New Riegel 25-20. Bria Dailey and Brienna Norville both scored eight points for New Riegel.
* Columbian beat Lexington 59-33 as Mia Ingalls scored 13 points, Toria Ingalls and Tatianna Dines each added 12 and Lizzie Newland ended with 10 for TC.
BOYS FRESHMAN BASKETBALL: Clyde got by Port Clinton 44-33.
BOYS JV BASKETBALL: Wynford edged Seneca East 51-49 in overtime. Matt Short popped in 21 points for Seneca East and Brock Ferres had nine.
* Jaidyn Thiel scored 27 points and Curtis Smith added 18 for Upper Sandusky in a 62-43 win over Mohawk. Trey Combs had 14 for the Warriors.
* Clyde dominated Port Clinton 66-35.
* Hopewell-Loudon topped New Riegel 52-31 as Carter Ritchey led the Chieftains with 16 points and Dan Lommerse chipped in eight. Joe Tiell led New Riegel with 12 points and Hayden Hohman added 10.
BASEBALL: Tiffin Area Babe Ruth will hold a summer registration 10 a.m.-1 p.m. March 9 in the Frost Kalnow Room at Tiffin Public Library. The Rookie Division is for boys and girls age 5-7 and the E League is for boys age 8-10. For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
BOYS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Liberty-Benton’s eighth grade beat Hopewell-Loudon 54-51 at the Cory-Rawson Tournament. Hayden Welly led H-L with 22 points and Connor Joseph had 15.
* Evan Kreais scored 24 points and Blake Berrier had eight to lead Hopewell-Loudon’s seventh grade past Liberty-Benton 46-37 in the Cory-Rawson Tournament.