RESULTS POLICY: Coaches turning in results for any sport are reminded to use full names for all athletes. Handwriting must be legible. Photos of scorebooks must be in focus and well lit. Records should be included. Results for high school and college events must be turned in that day by 9:30 p.m. All other events must be turned in by 8 p.m. Turn in results via E-mail at email@example.com, fax at (419) 447-3274, telephone at (419) 448-3250 or in the drop box by the paper’s front door at 320 Nelson St. Results must be turned in the day of the event. Depending on time constraints, games and events turned in which do not include full names or are turned in late may not have recaps written about them. Results which are unreadable will not be included in the paper.
GIRLS JV BASKETBALL: Seneca East beat Mohawk 43-9 to improve to 10-0. Kiersten Cook scored 11 points for the Warriors.
* Upper Sandusky beat Bucyrus 32-28.
BOYS JV BASKETBALL: Andrew Kalb scored 15 points and Jake Forehand had 14 to lead Seneca East past Arcadia 52-41.
* Clyde beat Ashland 63-32.
* Hopewell-Loudon beat Mohawk 48-44 in overtime. Carter Ritchey led the Chieftains with 14 points and Caleb Simmonis added 11. Collin Barth and Brock Bause each scored nine points to lead the Warriors.
* New Riegel defeated North Baltimore 43-36. Will Hershman had 16 points and Hayden Hohman added 13 for the Blue Jackets.
* Old Fort dropped Elmwood 53-30 as Myles Miller had 14 points and Ryan Miller added 13 for the Stockaders.
* Tyler Welsh, Zach Buhrow and Ben Reyes each scored eight for Genoa in a 39-28 win over Columbian. Seth Bellville had 12 and Caden Groves added six for the Tornadoes.
BOYS FRESHMAN BASKETBALL: Calvert defeated Sandusky St. Mary 40-16. Jackson Seislove led the Senecas with 13 points in one quarter of work. Braeden Elchert tallied nine more points, Max Paul scored eight, Bob Price netted six, and Keegan Meyer and Ethan Sauber rounded out the scoring with two each.
* Nathan Geary tossed in 21 points to lead Mohawk past Seneca East 66-38. Collin Barth added 14 points for the Warriors, Reese Hannam scored 11, Jared Coldiron tallied seven, Bryce Lange had six, Liam Shellhouse scored four and Matthew Todd had three.
* Clyde beat Ashland 62-36.
BOYS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Hopewell-Loudon rolled past Arcadia’s seventh grade 39-13, getting 13 points from Caden Ritchey and 11 from Evan Kreais.
* Hopewell-Loudon’s eighth grade thumped Arcadia 56-14, thanks to 24 points from George Beucler and 13 from Hayden Welly.