RESULTS POLICY: Coaches turning in results for any sport are reminded to use full names for all athletes. Handwriting must be legible. Photos of scorebooks must be in focus and well lit. Records should be included. Results for high school and college events must be turned in that day by 9:30 p.m. All other events must be turned in by 8 p.m. Results can be turned in via E-mail at email@example.com, fax at (419) 447-3274, telephone at (419) 448-3250 or in the drop box by the paper’s front door at 320 Nelson St. Results must be turned in the day of the event. Depending on time constraints, games and events turned in which do not include full names or are turned in late may not have recaps written about them. Results which are unreadable will not be included in the paper.
COACH SOUGHT: Hopewell-Loudon seeks a varsity head softball coach. Send a letter of interest and resume to Athletic Director Brian Colatruglio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOWLING: The leaders for the 55 Plus League this week were Jim Ruess (648), Harry Smith (524), Hank Collet (517), Paul Gosche (516) and Jim Ferstler (508). The next bowling date will is Jan. 9.
BOYS JV BASKETBALL: Bowsher beat Clyde 65-59.
* Old Fort topped Fremont St. Joe 47-32 as Landen Barr had 15 points for the Stockaders, while Ryan Miller ended with 12.
GIRLS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Fostoria’s seventh grade edged Glenwood 35-31 in double overtime. Destiny Robinson led the Redmen with 13 points, while Emma Gregg had 12.
* Seneca East’s seventh grade topped Ridgedale 27-20. Caroline Kagy had nine points for the Tigers.
* Seneca East’s eighth grade beat Ridgedale 46-16 behind Katelyn Siesel’s 13 points. Hillary Bogner added eight points, Kaitlyn Best had seven points and Abby Sturgill and Livy Kaiser both had six points.
* Buckeye Central’s eighth grade beat Mohawk 37-19. Bailey Sheets scored eight points for the Warriors, while Alysen Young added four.
BOYS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Seneca East’s eighth grade beat Ridgedale 46-10 as Isaac Mason had 15 points for the Tigers. Cody Heibertshausen added 11.
* Seneca East’s seventh grade topped Ridgedale 41-26. Aiden Hines led SE with 15 points, while Caden Bumb tacked on 11.
* Mohawk’s eighth grade downed Buckeye Central 23-14. AJ Hess led Mohawk with nine points, while Zaiden Fry added six.
* Buckeye Central’s seventh grade beat Mohawk 24-9. Cody Coppus scored four points for the Warriors.
BOYS FRESHMAN BASKETBALL: Calvert defeated Gibsonburg 42-33. Blake Ronski led Calvert with 15 points, while Nolan Beeker tacked on 10 and Bob Price and Max Paul each had seven.
* Bowsher edged Clyde 43-42.