COACH OPENING: Hopewell-Loudon seeks a varsity head softball coach. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to Athletic Director Brian Colatruglio at email@example.com.
BOYS JV BASKETBALL: Carey beat Colonel Crawford 45-34.
GIRLS JV BASKETBALL: Hopewell-Loudon beat McComb 32-19. Brook Breidenbach has 12 points for H-L and Allie Milligan had eight.
* Edison topped Calvert 26-20.
BOYS FRESHMAN BASKETBALL: Ashton Bour scored 13 points and Devin Falter had seven to lead Hopewell-Loudon past McComb 33-15.
WRESTLING: Hopewell-Loudon went 1-1 in a dual, losing to Liberty-Benton and beating Cory-Rawson 42-30. Blake Hoover, Lance Crawford, Kole Freeman and Caden Crawford each went 2-0 for the Chieftains. Logan Holcomb and Preston Holcomb both went 1-0, and Nico Garcia and Levi Kuhn each ended 1-1.
BOYS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Damian Brockington tossed in 14 points to key Tiffin’s 39-16 win against Willard’s seventh grade. Brayden Roggow and Jack Koerper each added eight points for the Tornadoes.
* Logan Beaston popped in 24 points and Carter Groves netted 12 in Tiffin’s 57-34 win against Willard.
* Ridgedale beat Mohawk’s seventh grade 29-17. Cody Coppus led Mohawk with seven points and Travis Geary had five.
* Bryce Hannam netted 17 points, Zaiden Fry scored nine and A.J. Hess had seven in Mohawk’s 39-21 eighth grade win against Ridgedale.
* Calvert’s seventh grade beat Danbury 37-19, getting 10 points from Jacob Rombach and nine from Harry Shultz.
* Danbury’s eighth grade edged Calvert 20-18. Nick Palm topped Calvert with eight points and Lee Morgan had six.
* Isaac Snyder scored 12 points and Shane Webb netted nine in Old Fort’s 35-28 eighth grade win against Fremont St. Joe.
* Old Fort’s seventh grade beat Fremont St. Joe 37-10. Blake Bender scored 10 points for the Stockaders and Carter Cleveland and Konnor Ernsberger both had six.
* Bryson Moes netted 11 points and Shane Hohman added 10 to fuel New Riegel’s 43-22 eighth grade win against Sandusky St. Mary.
* New Riegel edged Sandusky St. Mary’s seventh grade 23-22, getting 10 points from Aaron Hohman and seven from Brady Hohman.
GIRLS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Old Fort’s seventh grade beat Fremont St. Joe 18-8. Macie Miller scored 10 points for Old Fort and Madi Blankenship added four.
* Fremont St. Joe beat Old Fort 23-21 in eighth grade play. Brooke Withrow scored 10 points for Old Fort and Olivia Jones had seven.
* New Riegel beat Sandusky St. Mary 37-18 in seventh grade play. Katie Dryfuse led the Blue Jackets with 13 points, five rebounds and four steals. Olivia Schalk added nine points and six rebounds, Lizz Walter had six points, four boards and four steals and Alayna Schalk tallied six points and four rebounds.
* New Riegel’s eighth grade beat Sandusky St. Mary 32-22. Ella Wank’s 11 points and five steals led the winners. Mileah Jones scored another eight points, Candace Bouillon netted seven points and Katelyn Arbogast had five points, 14 rebounds and seven steals.
* Mohawk’s eighth grade beat Ridgedale 40-17. Bailey Sheets led Mohawk with 22 points, while Emily Klopp tacked on 15.
* Mohawk’s seventh grade beat Ridgedale 34-25 as A.J. Chevalier had 14 points and Molly Ward added 12 points for the Warriors.
BOWLING: Harry Smith rolled a 561 for the high series and Bill Mizen had the top game with a 233 in the 55 Plus League. Smith had a high game of 205 and Mizen’s top series was a 551. Dick Gabel had a series of 534 and a high game of 187.