PREP BOWLING: Willard beat Columbian’s boys 2,648-2,564 Thursday by outscoring the Tornadoes 958-861 in the baker games. Davyd McCray rolled a 429 series for TC, Keygan Yonts had a 368, Tommy Peer tallied a 324, Dylan McCray had a 323 and Cameron Koerper ended with a 259.
* Willard’s girls beat Columbian 3,907-1,982 Thursday. Emily Sikora’s 313 series led Columbian, followed by Hannah Clouse’s 298, Ainsley Sherman’s 291, Ariel Hollins’ 213 and Emily Fretz’s 191.
JV PREP BOWLING: Columbian’s boys beat Willard 1,595-1,209 Thursday. Dylan Adams and Evan Birch each rolled a 287 series for Columbian, with single-game scores of 213 coming from Owen Thompsic and 116 coming from Kade Rowe.
* Willard beat Columbian’s girls 1,776-1,694 Thursday. Nadia Kidan’s 245 series topped Columbian. Linzi Boes added a 240, Annebelle Rinnert rolled a 219, Brianna Langley had a 208 and Nura Himebaugh had a 203.
BOYS JV BASKETBALL: Huron beat Clyde 55-45.
* Jalen Cofer scored 14 points and Carter Reinhart added 11 for Lakota in a 51-45 win over Old Fort Friday night. Wes Miller had 10 points to pace the Stockaders. Cole Bigelow and Ryan Miller each added eight.
* Hopewell-Loudon fell to Liberty-Benton 51-39. Ethan Oswalt led the Chieftains with 15 points, while Caden Hoover tossed in eight.
* Calvert squeaked by New Riegel 42-39. Mitch Nielsen led Calvert with 17 points, while Chris Acree led New Riegel with 16. Jacob Theis added nine points.
GIRLS JV BASKETBALL: Wynford beat Upper Sandusky 35-19.
BOYS FRESHMAN BASKETBALL: Clyde beat Huron 54-31
JUNIOR HIGH SBC TOURNAMENT: Old Fort will host the Sandusky Bay Conference Tournament today, starting at 9:30 a.m. in the high school big gym. Lakota’s and Calvert’s seventh grade teams will start the tournament, with Old Fort’s boys taking on Sandusky St. Mary at around 10:45 a.m., the Old Fort eighth grade girls against St. Mary at noon, and Old Fort’s eighth grade boys against Calvert at 1:15 p.m. These times are approximated. Admission is $3, with only SBC passes accepted. All proceeds go to the SBC. A concession stand will be available.
FIRE RELIEF: A bake sale will be held today during the Mohawk boys basketball game. All proceeds benefit the Mohawk area fire victims. Baked goods can be donated and delivered to the school’s ticket booth 4-4:30 p.m. today.
* The Mohawk Athletic Boosters are selling disaster relief T-shirts to benefit Mohawk area fire victims. Shirts cost $10, and orders are due by Tuesday. For more information, contact the school.
GAME RESCHEDULED: Old Fort’s girls basketball team will play a make-up game Monday at Arcadia, with the junior varsity starting at 6 p.m.