SUMMER BASEBALL: Sign-up for 2018 Mohawk District Summer League ball players and coaches is 9-11:30 a.m. Feb. 24 and March 3 in the Mohawk High School cafeteria. Players in kindergarten through eighth grade can sign up at these times. All players are to sign up at these times and payment is requested at registration. A late fee of $10 is to be assessed after March 21 and players may not be registered after April 1. If you cannot make either sign-up day, forms will be available in the school office. Mail the forms to P.O. Box 196 McCuthenville, OH 44844. Make payments out to the organization to receive your information. For more information, call Paul Shoemaker (McCuthenville) at (419) 618-0052, Rick Leeth (Sycamore) at (419) 294-7969 or Andrea Young (Melmore) at (419) 934-1657.
DONATIONS FOR FAMILIES: Mohawk High will accept donations at the high school and at all remaining home basketball games for two area families who recently suffered house fires.
BOYS JV BASKETBALL: Clyde upended Columbian 67-39. Will Dowling led Clyde with 21 points, while Cole Zimmerman had 18 for TC.
* Eastwood beat Fostoria 46-34.
* Calvert beat Elgin 44-32.
* Carey beat Vanlue 71-17.
GIRLS JV BASKETBALL: Old Fort improved to 16-2 by beating Oak Harbor 44-40. Karli Colson scored nine points for the Stockaders.
* Alexis Stauffer scored 11 points to lead Mohawk past Galion 36-19. Aubrey Harper, Jesse Weir and Madison Wagner each added six points for the Warriors.
* Shelby beat Upper Sandusky 56-45. Reagan Ward scored 16 points for Upper Sandusky and Eve Smith tossed in 12.
BOYS FRESHMAN BASKETBALL: Clyde topped Columbian 40-23.
* Eastwood beat Fostoria 45-29
GIRLS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Lakota’s seventh grade beat Old Fort 29-22 in the Sandusky Bay Conference Tournament semifinals. Brooke Withrow scored 11 points for Old Fort.
* Madison Nesselhauf scored 13 points to lead Old Fort’s eighth grade past New Riegel 36-32 in overtime of the Sandusky Bay Conference Tournament semifinals. Grace Wasserman added eight points for the Stockaders and Chloe Wilkinson netted five.
* Seneca East’s seventh grade beat Upper Sandusky 33-20 in the Northern 10 Athletic Conference Tournament semifinals. Hillary Bogner scored 19 points for Seneca East. Kamie Frey and Lauren Schoenberger each had six points for Upper Sandusky.
* Seneca East’s eighth grade beat Mohawk 54-21 in the Northern 10 Athletic Conference Tournament semifinals. Emily Siesel’s 18 points topped the winners, with Amelia Boes and Mya Ousley both adding 11. Lilly Hammer, Emma Thiery and Kennedy Cleveland each scored five points for Mohawk.
BOYS JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL: Logan Beaston tossed in 20 points and Isaiah Kelly scored 11 to lead Tiffin’s seventh grade past Shelby 43-32 in the Sandusky Bay Conference Tournament semifinals. Zak Siebenaller chipped in another six points for the Tornadoes.
* Jayden Myers popped in 23 points to push Tiffin’s eighth grade past Sandusky 54-49 in overtime of the Sandusky Bay Conference semifinals. Bryce Burns added 15 points for the Tornadoes and Gunther Kissel scored eight.
* Old Fort’s eighth grade beat Lakota 31-20. Garret Havens led the Stockaders with 12 points, Colin Nutter scored eight, Casey Clouse had six and Miles Miller and Parker DuBois both added two.
* Old Fort’s seventh grade beat Calvert 33-24 in the Sandusky Bay Conference Tournament semifinals, getting six points each from Isaac Snyder, Shane Webb and Adam Magers. Nick Palm scored 10 points for Calvert, Lee Morgan had six and Eddy Willman added four.
* Calvert beat New Riegel 37-14 in the eighth grade semifinals of the Sandusky Bay Conference River Division Tournament. Blake Ronski scored 14 points for Calvert, Garrett Spaun netted 12, Nolan Beeker added six and Jackson Seislove tossed in five.