RESULTS POLICY: Coaches turning in results for any sport are reminded to use full names for all athletes. Handwriting must be legible. Photos of scorebooks must be in focus and well lit. Records should be included. Results for high school and college events must be turned in that day by 10 p.m., barring extenuating circumstances (overtime, late start, etc.) All other events must be turned in by 8 p.m. Results can be turned in via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at (419) 447-3274, telephone at (419) 448-3250 or in the drop box by the paper’s front door at 320 Nelson St. Results must be turned in the day of the event. Depending on time constraints, games and events turned in which do not include full names or are turned in late may not have recaps written about them. Results which are unreadable will not be included in the paper.
BASKETBALL: Best of the Best Basketball will host skills sessions on consecutive Sundays from 5-6:30 p.m. in Tiffin. Participation in the sessions will lead to spring travel ball opportunities. Sessions will occur Jan. 8, 15 and 29 and Feb. 19 at Tiffin University Heminger Center, and Jan. 22 and Feb. 12 at Columbian High. To register, visit www.bestbasketball.net or text or call (419) 443-5440.
K OF C FREE THROW: Tiffin Knights of Columbus Council No. 608 will hold the annual local Free Throw competition Sunday at Calvert High, with registration at 12:30 p.m. and the contest at 1 p.m. The contest is for all boys and girls age 9-14 as of Jan. 1, 2017.
BOYS BASKETBALL: Fremont St. Joe outscored St. Wendelin 12-8 in the fourth quarter to turn a 34-33 lead into a 46-37 Sandusky Bay Conference win.
GIRLS BASKETBALL: Sydney Kin posted a double-double with 12 points and 15 rebounds for Carey in a 55-32 win over Ridgedale. Jessica Johnson chipped in 10 points and both Morgan Blair and Sydney Ferguson had seven.
BOYS JV BASKETBALL: Trae Anderson scored 11 points to lead Fostoria past Otsego 50-29.
* New Riegel beat Calvert 35-31. Cole Noftz dropped in 11 points for New Riegel, while Josh Recker ended with 12 for the Senecas.
* Old Fort beat Lakota 59-42, getting 11 points from Carson Steyer, 10 from Mason Salas and nine from Harmon Channels.
GIRLS JV BASKETBALL: Wynford beat Seneca East 24-15.
* Hailey Niederkohr scored 25 points and Niki Young had six as Upper Sandusky beat Mohawk 47-34. Hailey Miller scored 19 points for Mohawk.
* Carey downed Ridgedale 31-3.
FRESHMAN BOYS BASKETBALL: Otsego beat Fostoria 46-41. Avondre Reed scored 21 points for FHS.
JUNIOR HIGH BOYS BASKETBALL: Casey Clouse scored nine points and Garret Haden added eight to lead Old Fort’s seventh grade past Lakota 34-15.
* Seneca East’s eighth grade rolled past Ridgedale 46-30. Turner Bridgford scored 14 points for the Tigers, Andrew Kalb had 13 and T.J. Pugh tossed in nine.
* Ridgedale edged Seneca East 20-18 in seventh grade play. Jesse Beckman, Wyatt Young, Gavin Hargis and Mason Foos each scored four points for Seneca East.
* Calvert’s eighth grade beat New Riegel 35-10, getting 13 points from Nick Seifert, eight from Quin Ronski and four each from Jack Schultz, Josh Gase and Ethan Vera.
* Blake Ronski scored 15 points and Garrett Spaun and Nolan Beeker each added seven to guide Calvert’s seventh grade past New Riegel 44-21.
* Sandusky’s seventh grade beat Tiffin 44-37 in double overtime. Jaden Myers scored 14 points for Tiffin and Bryce Burns netted nine.
* Old Fort’s eighth grade held off Lakota 37-32. Zach Dewese led the winners with 16 points, Ben Mathna tossed in 12, Landon Barr had six and Jonah Englehart chipped in three.
JUNIOR HIGH GIRLS BASKETBALL: Emily Siesel poured in 33 points and Makenna Depinet added 15 as Seneca East’s seventh grade beat Ridgedale 63-13. Amelia Boes scored another five points for the Tigers.
* Seneca East’s eighth grade beat Ridgedale 38-31. Jessica Bowerman scored 26 points for the Tigers and Alexis Hicks had eight.
COACH SOUGHT: Upper Sandusky High seeks a varsity volleyball coach. Submit a letter of interest, resume and three references to Brad Ehrman, Upper Sandusky High School, 800 N. Sandusky Ave., Upper Sandusky, Ohio 43351 or by email to email@example.com.
BOWLING: Joanne Elchert had a 300 series and a 165 game to take the women’s honors in the Allen Eiry Center League. Bob Reinhart had the high men’s series with a 346 and Larry Cobb had the high game with a 187. Jim Donaldson (5-8-10), Jane Hemninger (2-7-8), Ken Jones (3-10), Jeannette Lynch (6-8) and Bonnie Steinmetz (4-5) all converted splits.