RESULTS POLICY: Coaches are reminded that game results must be submitted to the Advertiser-Tribune by 10:30 p.m. the day of the game, match or meet. There are a number of ways to submit results to the A-T. The preferred methods are e-mail or fax. Results can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (419) 447-3274. You also can drop them off in the mailbox at the office. The other option is calling the sports department at (419) 448-3250. First and last names of pertinent players as well as the final score, stats, site of the game and teams records should be included. Results must be received by 10:30 p.m. the day of the game, match or meet to be published. Anything beyond deadline will be eventually published in a severely condensed format.
JUNIOR HIGH CROSS COUNTRY: Tiffin's boys captured the Colonel Crawford Invitational title Saturday on the strength of Kerrick Fanning's third, Corbin Houdeshell's eighth and Nick Koerper's 15th.
* Tiffin's girls finished third Saturday at the Colonel Crawford Invitational. Sierra Steinmetz and Lillyan Jones led the Tornadoes by running 13th and 14th. Abby Bickford came in 17th.
JV SOCCER: Kenton beat Upper Sandusky 3-1. Seth Lotz scored the lone goal for the Rams.
JV VOLLEYBALL: New Riegel scored a quick win over Colonel Crawford 25-10, 25-11. Shelby Mathias had six kills while Liz Zoeller had four kills and three aces.
* Clyde topped Old Fort 25-16, 25-14. Thalia Lopez had 12 digs for Old Fort. Hanna Bilger had three kills and three digs while Caylie Menkhoff had six digs.
FRESHMAN VOLLEYBALL: Old Fort and Clyde split two games with Clyde taking the first 25-21 and Old Fort the second 25-12. Whitney Bilger had eight aces, four kills and eight digs for Old Fort. Sydney Hossler had three kills and five digs.
* Columbian beat Mohawk 25-8, 25-17. Shayna Schwartz had six aces for the Tornadoes. Ryann Hartenstein pickedup six digs. Niki Cole and Bridget Daniel each had three kills.
JUNIOR HIGH VOLLEYBALL: New Riegel swept Elmwood Saturday in a triangular at North Baltimore. The seventh grade ran through the Royals 25-14, 25-8. The eighth grade had a bit more trouble but still got the job done in a 25-18, 23-25, 25-21 win. Madalyn Reinhart had four aces while Christen Hohman and Adrianna Tobin each had two.
* New Riegel took a pair from North Balitmore. The Blue Jackets took the seventh grade match 25-16, 25-11. Sarah Schalk had four aces while Nicole Brickner had one. New Riegel won the eighth grade match 25-12, 25-22. Maya Clouse-Henry had seven aces.
COACHES SOUGHT: Calvert seeks a freshman boys basketball coach. The applicant must be committed to the ideals of Calvert Catholic Schools who will engage with the entire campus. Candidates must have at least two years of relevant experience as a head coach or assistant within a high school or junior high program. More information about Calvert Catholic Schools can be found at www.calvertcatholic.org.
* Calvert seeks a wrestling coach. The applicant must be committed to the ideals of Calvert Catholic Schools who will engage with the entire campus. Candidates must have at least two years of relevant experience as a head coach or assistant within a high school or junior high program. Experience as a wrestler in high school or college is preferred, but is not required. More information about Calvert Catholic Schools can be found at
BOWLING: The Rocket Bowling League will meet at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Heritage Lanes. Mixed five person teams or individuals welcome. Call Dave Coppus at (419) 937-2774 or Jack Kramer at (419) 447-4125.
* The Imperial Majorette League will hold an organizational meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at Heritage Lanes. This is a mixed league. There are openings for new teams and individuals wanting to get a team. For more information, call Steve Steinmetz Sr. at (419) 447-1458 or Heritage Lanes at (419) 447-8854.
GOLF: The Tiffin-Seneca United Way will host its second annual outing Sept. 13 at Clinton Heights. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $200 per team and includes 18 holes of golf with a cart, lunch, two drink tickets per person, door prizes, skins, mulligans and a 50/50 drawing. Those interested in becoming a major sponsor, team sponsor or hole sponsor should contact Pat DeMonte at (419) 448-0355 or e-mail email@example.com.
* The Tiffin AMVETS scramble is Sept. 7 at Seneca Hills with an 8:30 a.m. start. The four-person scramble is $180 per team, which includes golf, cart fees, door prizes and dinner at Post No. 48. The outing is limited to the first 32 teams and is open to the public. Proceeds go to The Wounded Warrior Foundation. The deadline to sign up is Sept. 2. For more information, call Dan Mathias at (419) 348-6306.
* The Teresa Kessler Scholarship Memorial Big Cup Scramble is Oct. 4 at Seneca Hills. For more information, call Bob Tiell (419) 595-2756.
* The team of Marc Baugher and Ron Wise defeated the team of Russ Eborg and Scott Swartz for the 18-hole championship of the Steyer Seed Tuesday Afternoon League at Clinton Heights.
BASEBALL: Fremont Batting Range will host a tournament for U10, U12 and U14 teams Sept. 5-7 at Fremont Rodger Young Park. For more information or to register, go to www.fremontbattingrange.com or call (419) 334-9455.
SOFTBALL: Fremont Batting Range will host a tournament for U10, U12 and U14 teams Sept. 20-21 at Fremont Rodger Young Park. For more information or to register, go to www(dot)fremontbattingrange.com or call (419) 334-9455.
* The Sycamore Co-Ed Softball League seeks one more team for the fall league. Call (419) 788-0110 for more information.