TIFFIN MIDDLE SCHOOL: Cross country practice is to begin 9-11 a.m. Friday at Frost-Kalnow Stadium. Athletes must have physicals and emergency medical forms filled out to practice. For more information, call Justin Depinet at (419) 618-2063.
n Football practice is to begin 5 p.m. Monday. Eighth- graders should report to the visitors side of Frost-Kalnow Stadium. Players must have a current physical in order to participate. For more information, call (567) 230-2233.
COLUMBIAN HIGH?SCHOOL: The mandatory fall OHSAA meeting for all Tiffin Middle School and Columbian High School athletes and their parents is to take place 6 p.m. Aug. 7 in the high school auditorium.
* There is to be an informational player and parent meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Tiffin Middle School library for those interested in playing golf. Paperwork, schedules and tryout information are to be passed out and discussed. For more information, call (567) 230-2603.
* Columbian has set its alumni soccer game at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 8 at Frost-Kalnow Stadium. Any alumni who played for Columbian is invited to play against this year's team. Alumni are asked to wear a blue shirt.
* Girls tennis practice is to begin Friday from 12:30-3 p.m. at the high school courts. Players must have all forms, including physicals, in order to practice.
OLD FORT: Cross country practice is to start at 6 p.m. Monday at the school for any boy or girl interested in grades 9-12.
* Volleyball practice is to begin Monday at the high school. Junior high is to practice 5-7 p.m. The high school is to practice 2-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Athletes are asked to bring completed physical forms and emergency medical forms. For more information, visit the school's Facebook page or call Nancy Hoover at (419) 992-4732.
BASEBALL: The Northern Ohio Storm 10U/11U travel team is to hold tryouts at 1 p.m. Aug. 10 at Oakley Park in Tiffin for the spring and summer 2015 season. Players age 9-11 are welcome to tryout. For more information, call (567) 230-6072 or (567) 207-7508 or go to www.facebook/nosbaseball.
SOFTBALL: The Lake Erie Waves 14U travel team will hold tryouts for the 2014-15 season Aug. 9-10 at 2 p.m. at Castalia's Lions Park. Players should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to tryouts. For more information, call Bill Yost at (419) 515-9296 or Mike Williamson at (419) 603-7687.
YOUTH FOOTBALL: The Tiffin BullDawgs are registering third- through seventh-grade players. For more information, contact Joseph Goodman at (419) 934-0002 or email@example.com.?
* Tiffin Flag Football is to register players in grades 2-6 for teams at Frost-Kalnow Stadium 9-10 a.m. Saturday and 6-7 p.m. Aug. 13. Cost is $35 per player. Practices are to occur Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings, beginning Aug. 26. For more information, email
GOLF: Local 533 retirees and employees are to hold their golf outing Aug. 17 at Nature Trails, with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Golf and food is provided. Cart rental is $10. For more information, call the union office at (419) 436-5814 or Tray Trautman at (419) 701-9850.
* In the Jeffrey Jewelry League at Seneca Hills, the team of Fred Smith and Gary Lynch carded the low round of 31. Prizes went to Smith (long putt, No. 10) and Lynch (closest in three, No. 14).
* Chuck Wilbert, Wade Burger, Harry Smith and Keith Breighner shot 6-under par to take first in Senior League at Clinton Heights. Prizes went to Dave Combs (closest to pin, No. 8), Gary Kroeger (closest in two, No. 4), Wilbert (closest in three, No. 9) and Lou Aiello (long putt, No. 7).
* Doug Tanner fired a 36 for the low gross, while Greg Arbogast and Joe Smith shot 29 to tie for the low net in the PJ Brickhouse League. Prizes were awarded to Adam Miller (closest in two, No. 13) and Dave Depinet (long putt, No. 14).
* In the YMCA Thursday Night 2-man Scramble League at Seneca Hills, Steve Crone and Andy Stephey lead with 66 points. Prize holes went to Kenny Bauman (closest to pin, No. 2) and Greg Slosser (long putt, No. 7).
RUNNING: Heidelberg University's inaugural Mustache Mania 5K Run/Walk and Mile Fun Run Race is Aug. 9. Registration runs 7:30-8:30 a.m. at Seiberling Gymnasium, with races at 9 a.m. Cost is $20 for the 5K and $7 for the Fun Run, which is for runners age 14 and under. For more information, call (419) 448-2100.