FALL SPORTS MEETING: Seneca East will hold its mandatory OHSAA fall sports meeting for fall sports athletes and parents July 29 at 6 p.m. at the school.
* St. Wendelin will hold its fall OHSAA mandatory sports meeting for all student-athletes at 7 p.m. July 30 in the St. Wendelin Parish Life Center. One parent for each student must attend. A coach's meeting for each team will follow with a video and brief discussion.
* Hopewell-Loudon will hold a mandatory parent-athlete meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in the school auditorium for all fall sports athletes. All are expected to visit the school website prior to the meeting to view the two required OHSAA videos. For more information, contact Ginni Beaston at email@example.com.?
* Upper Sandusky will hold its mandatory fall OHSAA sports meeting Tuesday in the high school gym. Parents of all fall sports athletes must attend. A general meeting begins at 7 p.m., followed by sport-specific meetings. For more information, call the school at (419) 294-2308.
ALUMNI SOCCER: Columbian will hold its alumni game 6:30 p.m. Aug. 8 at Frost-Kalnow Stadium. Any alumni who played for Columbian are invited to play against this year's team. Alumni are asked to wear a blue shirt.
GOLF: Local 533 retirees and employees will hold their golf outing Aug. 17 at Nature Trails, with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Golf and food is provided. Cart rental is $10. For more information, call the union office at (419) 436-5814 or Tray Trautman at (419) 701-9850.?* The Carey Area Chamber of Commerce will host its 16th annual Golf Outing at Lakeland Golf Course on Sept. 6 at 8 a.m. Cost is $50 per person (lunch included) and will be a four-person scramble. Deadline for entry is Sept. 2. Checks can be made payable to Carey Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information, call (419) 396-6264 or (419) 306-7696.?
* Cary Herzog and Greg Tiell lead the second third of the K of C League, with John and Tony Arend two points behind. Prizes went to Tony Arend (closest to pin No. 11), Scott Ferguson (long putt No. 15) and Tim Ritzler (closest to pin No. 18).
* Mike Clouse, Steve Meier, Ken Gooding and Paul Martorana shot 14 under to win the Bump's Traveling League at Seneca Hills. Next Tuesday's event is at Clinton Heights at 9:30 a.m. Following that, he league will play Aug. 5 at Seneca Hills at 9:30 a.m.
* Linda Lawrence made the long putt at No. 1 in the Seneca Hills Tuesday Morning Ladies League. Barb Kuhn ended closest in one on No. 6 and LouAnn Newlove finished closest in three on No. 7.
* Lou Grieselding and Steve Hepp won the second third of the Clinton Heights Reineke Monday Morning League with 37 points. Prizes went to to Ted Rombach (closest in two No. 3, long putt No. 7), Jon Eakin (closest in one No. 8) and Dave Seislove (closest in three No. 9).
* Andy Beebe shot a 36 for the low round and leads the second third of the DTS Par Tee League with 26 points, four points better than Ray Nutter. Beebe also eagled the No. 9 hole and scored the lone skin. Prizes went to Tony Consolo (pin shot No. 15, proximity shot No. 4), Brian Perrine (long putt No. 6) and Beebe (long drive No. 9).
* Mike Hitchcock leads David Gase 32 1/2-32 in the standings of the Clover Club League at Clinton Heights. Jason Hoffbauer shot a 35 for the low gross, and Hitchcock's 30 took low net. Prizes went to Dave Sendelbach (closest in two No. 4), Hitchcock (closest in three No. 9, long putt No. 6), Gase (closest to pin No .8) and Zach Fowler (long drive No. 3).
* Bob and Scott Haver hold a 27 1/2-26 1/2 lead over Phil and Ryan Huss in the Tuesday Afternoon Two-Man Scramble League at Clinton Heights. Ron Kern and Carl Rainey shot a 31 for the low gross. Prizes went to Dave Snyder (closest in two No. 10), Mike Theis (closest in two No. 15), Ryan Huss (long drive No. 16) and Marc Baugher (long putt No. 18).
SOFTBALL: The Fremont Batting Range will hold a fastpitch softball clinic 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 9-10 for girls age 8-12 at Anderson Field in Fremont. The camp covers hitting, bunting, pitching, defense and baserunning instruction. Cost is $60 and includes a T-shirt and five free batting tokens. Sign up is at the Fremont Batting Range. All girls must pre-register prior to the clinic date. For more information, call (419) 334-9455.
* The 17th annual Laurie Mann Memorial USSSA men's qualifier is Friday and Saturday at Port Clinton's Waterworks Park. For more information, call Mike Williamson at (419) 603-7687.
BASEBALL: The Northern Ohio Storm 10U/11U travel team will hold tryouts Aug. 10 at 1 p.m. at Oakley Park in Tiffin for the spring and summer 2015 season. Players age 9-11 are welcome to tryout. For more information, call (567) 230-6072 or (567) 207-7508 or go to
YOUTH FOOTBALL: The Seneca County BullDawgs are registering third through seventh grade players. For more information, contact Joseph Goodman at (419) 934-0002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.?