FALL SPORTS MEETING: St. Wendelin will hold its fall OHSAA mandatory sports meeting for all student-athletes at 7 p.m. July 30 in the St Wendelin Parish Life Center. One parent for each student must attend. A coach's meeting for each team will follow with a video and brief discussion.
* Hopewell-Loudon is to hold a mandatory parent-athlete meeting at 6 p.m. July 28 in the school auditorium for all students interested in participating in sports this fall. All are expected to visit the school website prior to the meeting to view the two required OHSAA videos. For more information, contact Ginni Beaston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOLF: The Carey Area Chamber of Commerce will host its 16th annual Golf Outing at Lakeland Golf Course Sept. 6 at 8 a.m. Cost is $50 per person (lunch included) and will be a four-person scramble. Deadline for entry is Sept. 2. Checks can be made payable to Carey Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information, call (419) 396-6264 or (419) 306-7696.
* The annual Seneca East Athletic Boosters Scramble is July 20 at Clinton Heights with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $50 per person or $200 per four-person team, which includes 18 holes, cart, meal, hole prizes and cash payment for the top three teams. For more information, call Tom Nagel at (567) 224-4144.
* Tony Latona leads the Clover Club League standings at Clinton Heights with 25 1/2 points, with Josh Predieri and Dan Roessner tied for second at 24 1/2. Predieri shot a 37 for the low gross and Latona took the low net with a 30. Prizes went to Emily Banks (closest in two No. 13), Louie Brickner (closest to lake No. 15, long putt No. 18), Jim Hoffbauer (closest to pin No. 11) and Latona (long drive No. 16).
* Chris Bentz and Kory Staib lead the North Division with 17 points and Denny Lofay and Nate Lofay lead the South Division with 20 points in the Baumann's Two-Man Scramble Wednesday Night League at Clinton Heights. Skins went to John and Craig Losey and Mark and Mike Griffin. Jim Birch and Dick Gower shot a 33 for the low gross. Prizes went to Steve Peer (long putt No. 2), Doug Strausser (closest in two No. 4), CJ Kisabeth (closest to pin No. 5) and Len Goshe (closest in two No. 7).
* Mike Ringle and Ken Zeop shot a 36 to beat the team of John Crumrine and Paul Fey by three strokes in the Allen Eiry Senior Center League. Joe Weaver and Wade Burger shot a 40 to end third. Ringle and Burger each also made the long putt.
* Merle Krauss, Brian Krauss, Frank Michniak and Gene Sherer tied the teams of Paul R. Fey, Jim Immele, Tim Mannas and Dick Best and Dutch Edeburn, Frank Callahan and Steve Schafer at 3-under to win the Thursday Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Prizes went to Mannas (closest to pin No. 6) and Callahan (long putt No. 7).
* Bo Yanni and Rick Burkett fired the low round of 33 and lead the second-third of the Jeffrey Jewelry Monday Night League. Prizes went to Fred Smith (closest to pin No. 6) and Burkett (long putt No. 5).
* John Bing and Mark O'Reilly lead the early flight of the Reineke Wednesday Night League at Clinton Heights with 26 1/2 points. Prizes went to Chris Aichholz (closest in two No. 13), Jack Snay (long putt No. 15), Kyle Daniel (closest in three No. 17) and Joe Snyder (long drive No. 18).
BASKETBALL: Calvert will host its basketball camp for boys and girls Monday through Wednesday. Cost is $30. Sessions run 8-10 a.m. for sixth through eighth graders and 10 a.m.-noon for third through fifth graders. For more information, contact Ted Willman at
* St. Wendelin will host a girls mini-camp for grades 4-8 July 21-22 from 6-8 p.m. at St. Wendelin High School. Cost is $20 and includes a camp T-shirt. Athletes will need gym shoes, shorts, water bottle and medical emergency form. For more information, contact coach Aaron Smith at (419) 934-5479.
SOFTBALL: The Fremont Batting Range will hold a fastpitch softball clinic for girls ages 8-12 Aug. 9 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Anderson Field in Fremont. The camp covers hitting, bunting, pitching, defense and base running instruction. Cost is $60 and includes a clinic T-shirt and five free batting tokens. Sign up is at the Fremont Batting Range and all girls must be pre-registered prior to the clinic date. For more information, call (419)-334-9455.
FOOTBALL: Columbian is to host a camp July 22-24 for students entering grades 4-8. Sessions run 9-11:30 a.m. Cost is $30. For more information, go to the Tiffin City Schools website or Facebook page. Send registrations to coach Brian Colatruglio at the school. For more information, call (419) 937-6457.
LITTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALL: The Tiffin Little League will hold its first draft Saturday at 10 a.m. in the shelter across from the YMCA at Hedges-Boyer Park. The draft is for player grades 4-7 and includes little league cheerleaders. For more information, call (419)-618-4058.
SOCCER: The Sycamore Soccer League is accepting applications through Friday for K-8 players. Community league games are played Saturday mornings September through October at Memorial Park. Competitive travel games also are offered for fifth- through eighth-graders. For more information, send an email to email@example.com or call (419) 927-4945. Forms are available at Fillmore Pharmacy and Mohawk Community Library in Sycamore or on the Sycamore Soccer League Facebook page.