COACH SOUGHT: Columbian seeks a head wrestling coach. Send a letter of interest and resume to Athletic Director Derek Lewis at email@example.com or call (419) 448-5224.
* St. Wendelin is looking for a seventh and eighth grade volleyball coach. Contact Athletic Director Scott Brickner at (419) 435-8144.
FOOTBALL: Columbian will hold a camp July 22-24 for students entering grades 4-8. Sessions run 9-11:30 a.m. Cost is $30. For more information, go to the Tiffin City Schools website or Facebook page. Send registrations to coach Brian Colatruglio at the school. For more information, call (419) 937-6457.
OFFICIATING:?Registrations are being accepted for the Tiffin Football Officials 2014 officiating class. The class is open to anyone 14 years and older. Cost is $90. Upon completion of the class, the official will be eligible to officiate junior high through junior varsity level contests. The first class is July 14 and participants must be registered by the first class. Registration can be completed at officials.myohsaa.org.
* The Fremont Football Officials Association will begin offering new football officiating classes in mid-July. Upon completion, new officials will be eligible to referee Ohio High School Athletic Association junior varsity, freshman and junior high games, with varsity eligibility possible after two seasons. For more information, call John Whisler at (419) 680-6861.
BASKETBALL: St. Wendelin will host a girls mini-camp for grades 4-8 July 21-22 from 6-8 p.m. at St. Wendelin High School. Cost is $20 and includes a camp T-shirt. Athletes will need gym shoes, shorts, water bottle and medical emergency form. For more information, contact coach Aaron Smith at (419) 934-5479.
VOLLEYBALL: The Black Swamp Volleyball Club is holding its skills training this month. Grades 6 and under are Mondays and Fridays 6-8 p.m. and cost $10 per session. Junior high and up is Tuesdays through Thursdays 6-8 p.m. and costs $10 per session. All age groups will be held on Saturdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and will cost $20 per session. Athletes may register online at www.blackswampvolleyball.com/programs.html. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* St. Wendelin will host its fifth annual Mohawks Volleyball Camp 5:30-8:30 p.m. July 28-30 for grades 3-8. Cost is $45 and includes a volleyball and T-shirt. Walk-ins are welcome, but shirt size is not guaranteed. Participants will need an emergency medical form and change of shoes. For more information, call coach Stacey Taylor (419) 619-0088.
SOCCER: The Sycamore Soccer League is accepting applications through July 11 for K-8 players. Community league games are played Saturday mornings September through October at Memorial Park. Competitive travel games are also offered for fifth through eighth graders. For more information, send an E-mail to email@example.com or call (419) 927-4945. Forms are available at Fillmore Pharmacy and Mohawk Community Library in Sycamore, or on the Sycamore Soccer League Facebook page.
GOLF: The annual Seneca East Athletic Boosters Scramble is July 20 at Clinton Heights with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $50 per person or $200 per four-person team, which includes 18 holes, cart, meal, hole prizes and cash payment for the top three teams. For more information, call Tom Nagel at (567) 224-4144.
* Andy?Beebe shot a 38 for the low round, helping him stay in first place in the D.T.S. Par Tee League with 162 points. Ray Nutter and Adam Brown are tied for second place with 150 points with one week left in the first half. Beebe,?Jake Moyer and Dan Mathias were skins game winners. Prize holes were won by Mathias (closest to the pin No. 5), Jason Galitza (closest to the pin No. 8), Andy Halcomb (long drive No. 3), Brown (long putt No. 7), Steve Bernard (prox shot?No. 2) and Jack Rose (long putt No. 9).
*?Nate Hartman and Mike Porter lead the Men's Catholic League at Seneca Hills with 78 points. Porter had the low gross with a 36 while Barth?Downie had the low net with a 30.
FALL SPORTS MEETING: Hopewell-Loudon will hold a mandatory parent-athlete meeting at 6 p.m. July 28 in the school auditorium for all students interested in participating in sports this fall. All are expected to visit the school website prior to the meeting to view the two required OHSAA videos. For more information, contact Ginni Beaston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BASEBALL TRYOUTS: The Tiffin D League seeks players for its fall league. Players must be age 10-13; must be 11 before May 1, 2015, and not 13 before May 1, 2014. The league is for players who do not participate in other fall sports, and is open to the surrounding area. To register or for more information, call Jeff Hohman at (419) 448-7321.
* Coast to Coast Baseball is holding tryouts for local players age 14-18 Tuesday at Bowling Green State University. Players accepted to the program will join college coaches and pro scouts at the Roger Dean Complex in Jupiter, Florida. In addition to the tryout, an instructional hitting camp will be held the same day. The goal of the camp is to help players improve hitting fundamentals. All tryouts begin at 10 a.m. For more information, visit www.coasttocoastathletics.com.