ALL-STAR BASKETBALL GAME: Old Fort's Hunter Perry has been selected to play in the Division III-IV North-South Ohio boys basketball all-star game. The game takes place on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. at Ohio Dominican University. Tickets for the game are $8 and are good for all four games. The Division III-IV girls start at noon, I-II at 1:30 p.m. and Division III boys at 5 p.m.
JV SOFTBALL: Mya Morris had four runs and two RBIs for Mohawk during an 18-4 romp over Hopewell-Loudon. Chelsey Trust added three runs with two RBI for the Warriors.
JUNIOR HIGH TRACK: Hopewell-Loudon's Tyler Reinhart-Anez grabbed first in the 1,600 (5:24) to help lead the Chieftain boys to a third-place finish Friday afternoon at Lakota High School. The Chieftains added firsts in the 4x100 with the team of Sam Stickley, McKie Kali Dubose, Josh Turco and Dominic Hedrick (52.10 ) and the 4x400 (2:26.10) team of Tyler Reinhart-Anez and Charlie Wickham. Brittain Martin took first in the shot put (38-03.25). Calvert had one first for the boys in the 4x200, with the team of Eric Payne, Connor Kwiat, Nic Somodi and Austin Jones clocking in at 1:57.40 to help Calvert finish seventh (38). Lakota's Lucas Streacker grabbed the lone win for the Raiders in the 400 (59.20).
* For the girls, Mohawk's Destini Oler set a meet record in the 100 (1:03.40) and finished first in the 800 (2:37) to help lead Mohawk to a victory. Mohawk's Kaylee Ward brought in another Warrior win in the 200 (29.20). Mohawk's other first came from the 4x200 team of Sandra Pennington, Emma Myers-Huffman, Aubrey Margraf and Madi Chester (2:04.20). Calvert's Kennedy Smith (14-02) won the long jump. Taylor Harris took first in the 1,600 (5:50.10) for the Senecas' other win. Calvert finished third as a team with 84 1/2 points. Lakota finished fourth with 71 points led by Hope Watson-Davis' win in the 100 hurdles (17.50) and 200 hurdles (32.90). Old Fort finished eighth (34) with wins in the discus from Samantha Miller (89-03) and Morgan Wilkinson in the high jump (4-00.01).
GOLF: During The Baumann's two man scramble Wednesday night at Clinton Heights, John and Craig Losey had the low gross of 32 for the win. Prizes went to: Craig Losey (closest in two on No. 10), Mike Griffin (closest to pin on No.11), Ryan Monahan (long putt on No.14), John Losey (closest in three on No.16).
* Friday's Senior League at Clinton Heights was won by the team of Don Kin, Skip Halcom, Butch Harpel and Wade Burger at three under par. Prizes went to: Craig Neffer (closest in one on No.3); Halcom (closest in two on No. 10); Jim Radcliff (closest in three on No.17); Carl Rainey (long putt on No. 13).
* The AMVETS League starts at 9 a.m. May 14 at Seneca Hills. The league will hold a banquet at 6 p.m. May 7 at the AMVETS hall. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ray Krupp at (419) 447-5663 or Dan Galaba at (419) 447-3504.
* The Tiffin YMCA's seventh annual Swing for Kids Golf Scramble is May 17 at Seneca Hills Golf Course. Golf is $50 per person or $200 a team. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Golfers or sponsors can call (419) 447-8711 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Reineke Early Flight League at Clinton Heights is accepting new members. For more information, call Eric Williams at (567) 224-1839.
BASEBALL: Tiffin Babe Ruth League seeks players age 13-15 for the upcoming season. They cannot turn 16 before May 1. The league also seeks coaches. For more information, call Fred McDole at (419) 455-4490 or (567) 320-3018.
* Baseballs for the Seneca County Little League may be picked up today at 2 p.m. at the Tiffin-Seneca Public Library. Schedules will be emailed out with rosters in the next few days. Fees are due at this time if they have not been paid. For more information, call Mike Eckenrod at (419) 426-5970 or (567) 224-8938.
YOUTH FOOTBALL: Chieftain Youth Football will hold an informational meeting at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the basement of Bascom United Church. This meeting is for any Hopewell-Loudon parent who has a child for the 2014-15 school year who would like to attend a flag football camp for third and fourth graders or a child in fifth or sixth grade who would like to play tackle football. For more information, call Vicki Turco at (567) 220-0159.
FUNDRAISER: St. Wendelin Catholic School's Mohawk Club will hold a spaghetti dinner May 18 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The dinner is to raise funds for future projects benefiting the student athletes and Athletic Department. The dinner will consist of homemade spaghetti, breadsticks, dessert and a drink. Adult tickets (ages 14 and up) are $8 and child tickets (ages 13 and under) are $6. They can be purchased from any student athlete or at either the parish or school office. Tickets will also be sold after all Masses at St. Wendelin Parish the weekend of May 3-4. Patrons can dine in, carry out or drive up. Limited walk-in dinners will be available. The last day to buy tickets is May 9. For more information, call (419) 435-8144.
n The Hopewell-Loudon Athletic Boosters reverse raffle is today. Doors open at 6 p.m. Grand prize is $10,000. Tickets are $100 each, with only 300 sold. Dinner and admission are included. For more information, call Craig Lang at (419) 618-5952.
MUD RUN: The P.M. Gilmor Community Park in Fort Seneca will host a 5K Mud Run June 7. There will be an adult race at 10:30 a.m. and a kids race at noon. There will be 20 obstacles including mud pits, ice baths, climbing walls, slip n' slide, and much more. Registration forms can be downloaded from the P.M. Gilmor Community Park Facebook page. For more information, call Ann Miller at (419) 455-4028 or email at email@example.com.
SOFTBALL: Tiffin Ponytail is registering players for the upcoming season. Players must be age 8-13 before May 1. Players can register at www.tiffinparks.com. For more information, call (419) 448-5408 or send an e-mail to mcoleman(at)tiffinohio.gov.
ADULT BASKETBALL: The Norwalk Park and Rec is offering men's basketball leagues for the summer. There will be one or two divisions. All games will occur Tuesday nights, beginning the second week of June. Team packets are available at the front desk of the Ernsthausen Aquatic Center. Fees and team rosters are due May 23. For more information, call (419) 663-6775.