JV TENNIS: Upper Sandusky's Adam Benner beat Galion's Landon Rose 8-2.
* Nils Gommel and Tyler Hawk were winners Thursday for Columbian against Sandusky.
JV BASEBALL: Columbian fell to Upper Sandusky 13-11. Columbian's Kyle Edmond had three hits including a double and an RBI. Zane Schank doubled and tripled. Also having two hits were Austin Burgess, Noah Widman, Brad Fitch and Shane Huffman.
* Calvert dominated Arcadia 14-2. Calvert's Drew Ritzler and Bailey Hickman each had three runs. Jacob Zimmerman, Austin Prenzlin, Brayden Harrison and Kaden Wuescher scored two runs each. Wuescher had five RBIs while Prenzlin, Hickman and Zimmerman had two RBIs each. Harrison was the winning pitcher.
JV SOFTBALL: Taylor Tobin capped a six-run seventh inning for Columbian by scoring on a passed ball as the Tornadoes edged Upper Sandusky 20-19. Tobin ended 3 for 6 with two RBIs, Taylor Price went 3 for 5 with two RBIs and Kia Patillo drove in four runs with a pair of doubles for TC (6-3).
NEW RIEGEL: New Riegel seeks a high school athletic director. Applicants should contact Superintendent Elaine Nye at (419) 595-2265 Ext. 1139, or the high school office at 44 N. Perry St., New Riegel, Ohio 44853. Previous athletic director experience preferred.
DISC GOLF: The Thursday Nights in Tiffin Disc Golf League begins May 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Hedges-Boyer Park. Entry fee is $5 for the best-disc format league. Players should meet by the practice basket. For more information, call (419) 934-3970.
GOLF: The team of Jim Peterman, Merle Krauss, Dave Everhart and Dutch Edebern tied the team of Paul R. Fey, Jim Immele, Bill Dunlap and Gene Sherer at 3 under to win Thursday's Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Prize winners were Jim Immele (long putt No. 12) and Keith Breighner (closest to pin No. 18).
* Dave Sendelbach is tied with Tony Latona atop the Clover Club League standings at Clinton Heights with 13 1/2 points. Dave Gase is third with 13 points, and Josh Predieri has 12 1/2 points. Predieri shot a 38 for the low gross and Sendelbach and Barth King each fired a 29 for the low net. Prizes went to Emily Banks (long putt No. 4), Predieri (closest to pin No. 5, long drive No. 2), Joe Blust (closest in two No .7) and Latona (closest in three No. 9).
* The AMVETS League starts at 9 a.m. May 14 at Seneca Hills. The league will hold a banquet at 6 p.m. May 7 at the AMVETS hall. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ray Krupp at (419) 447-5663 or Dan Galaba at (419) 447-3504.
* The Tiffin YMCA's seventh annual Swing for Kids Golf Scramble is May 17 at Seneca Hills Golf Course. Golf is $50 per person or $200 a team. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Golfers or sponsors can call (419) 447-8711 or at eslosser(at)tiffinymca(dot)org.
* The Reineke Early Flight League at Clinton Heights is accepting new members. For more information, call Eric Williams at (567) 224-1839
YOUTH FOOTBALL: Chieftain Youth Football will hold an informational meeting April 30 at 6:30 p.m. in the basement of Bascom United Church. This meeting is for any Hopewell-Loudon parent who has a child for the 2014-15 school year who would like to attend a flag football camp for third and fourth graders or a child in fifth or sixth grade who would like to play tackle football. For more information, call Vicki Turco at (567) 220-0159.
FUNDRAISER: St. Wendelin Catholic School's Mohawk Club will hold a spaghetti dinner May 18 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The dinner is to raise funds for future projects benefiting the student athletes and Athletic Department. The dinner will consist of homemade spaghetti, breadsticks, dessert and a drink. Adult tickets (ages 14+) are $8 and child tickets (ages 13 and under) are $6. They can be purchased from any student athlete or at either the parish or school office. Tickets will also be sold after all Masses at St. Wendelin Parish the weekend of May 3-4. Patrons can dine in, carry out or drive up. Limited walk-in dinners will be available. The last day to buy tickets is May 9. For more information, call (419) 435-8144.
* The Hopewell-Loudon Athletic Boosters reverse raffle is Saturday. Doors open at 6 p.m. Grand prize is $10,000. Tickets are $100 each, with only 300 sold. Dinner and admission are included. For more information, call Craig Lang at (419) 618-5952.
MUD RUN: The P.M. Gilmor Community Park in Fort Seneca will host a 5K Mud Run on June 7. There will be an adult race at 10:30 a.m. and a kids race at noon. There will be 20 obstacles including mud pits, ice baths, climbing walls, slip n' slide, and much more. Registration forms can be downloaded from the P.M. Gilmor Community Park Facebook page. For more information, call Ann Miller at (419) 455-4028 or email at masp5311(at)yahoo(dot)com.
SOFTBALL: Tiffin Ponytail is registering players for the upcoming season. Players must be age 8-13 before May 1. Players can register at www.tiffinparks.com. For more information, call (419) 448-5408 or send an e-mail to mcoleman(at)tiffinohio.gov.
BASEBALL: Tiffin Babe Ruth League seeks players age 13-15 for the upcoming season. They cannot turn 16 before May 1. The league also seeks coaches. For more information, call Fred McDole at (419) 455-4490 or (567) 320-3018.
* Baseballs for the Seneca County Little League may be picked up Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Tiffin-Seneca Public Library. Schedules will be emailed out with rosters in the next few days. Fees are due at this time if they have not been paid. For more information, call Mike Eckenrod at (419) 426-5970 or (567) 224-8938.
ADULT BASKETBALL: The Norwalk Park and Rec is offering men's basketball leagues for the summer. There will be one or two divisions. All games will occur Tuesday nights, beginning the second week of June. Team packets are available at the front desk of the Ernsthausen Aquatic Center. Fees and team rosters are due May 23. For more information, call (419) 663-6775.