NEW RIEGEL: New Riegel seeks a high school athletic director. Applicants should contact Superintendent Elaine Nye at (419) 595-2265, Ext. 1139, or the high school office at 44 N. Perry St., New Riegel, Ohio 44853. Previous athletic director experience preferred.
JV BASEBALL: Seneca East routed Willard, 15-5. Chase Chapman picked up the win for the Tigers, striking out seven. Zach Aichholz went 5 for 5 with a double and Drewe Tipple had three hits with a double.
* Columbian beat Sandusky 9-8. Austin Burgess and Brennen Emerine each had two hits. Kyle Edmond had a hit and three RBIs. Kris Wilson struck out four in an inning and a third of relief.
JV SOFTBALL: Columbian defeated Sandusky 26-12. Lexie Taylor was the winning pitcher, while Jessica Funk got the save. Morgan Kuhn went 4 for 6 with four runs scored had three RBIs and had two doubles. Alexis Glick went 3 for 4 with two walks, a double and two RBIs and Paige Gitchess went 3 for 4 with two RBIs and a double.
n Allie Osborn hit two home runs and drove in four as Mohawk out-slugged Bucyrus, 15-11. Mya Morris, who also homered, picked up the win. Chelsea Trusty was 3 for 5 with a double and triple for the Warriors, while Chelsea Clinger, Raeanna Garber and Kayla Reis-Kelly all had two hits.
JV TENNIS: Upper Sandusky got singles wins from Adam Benner, Alan Watterson and Cohl Gagnon Thursday against Galion. The Rams got doubles wins from Jacob Herring and Zach Schoenberger, and Chad Mostoller and Trey Miller.
* Columbian got a singles win from Dylan Wertz against Ontario, while doubles wins for TC came from Nils Gommel and Tyler Hawk, and Robert Klepper and Hayden Stone.
EQUESTRIAN: Tiffin University will host its sixth annual Equestrian Showcase today at 6:30 p.m. at the school's Lane of Dreams Farm at 2502 E. County Road 16 in Tiffin. Admission is free.
DISC GOLF: The Thursday Nights in Tiffin Disc Golf League begins May 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Hedges-Boyer Park. Entry fee is $5 for the best-disc format league. Players should meet by the practice basket. For more information, call (419) 934-3970.
JUNIOR HIGH TRACK: Mohawk's boys and girls team each finished second in a meet with Colonel Crawford, Crestline and Plymouth. Mohawk's boys got wins from shot putter Jonathon O'Million and the 4x200 team of Alec Bollinger, Luke Garrabrant, Hayden King and Zach Hayman. Destini Oler gave the Warriors girls wins in the long jump, 400 and 800, while Kaylee Ward took the 100 and 200 and Anna Stillberger claimed the 1,600. Mohawk also got wins in the 4x100 from Aubrey Margraf, Sandra Pennington, Morgan Mulholland and Chelsea Higgins, the 4x200 team of Margraf, Pennington, Madi Chester and Emma Myers-Huffman, and 4x400 team of Elise Gucker, Ward, Pennington and Stillberger.
* Lakota's boys edged Calvert 50-48 for a triangular win Wednesday. New Riegel took third (26). Lakota won six events, while Calvert took six of the other eight.
* Lakota's girls beat Calvert 87-52 in a triangular Wednesday, with New Riegel finishing third (2). Lakota captured 10 of the 14 events and Calvert won the other four.
GOLF: The AMVETS League starts at 9 a.m. May 14 at Seneca Hills. The league will hold a banquet at 6 p.m. May 8 at the AMVETS hall. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ray Krupp at (419) 447-5663 or Dan Galaba at (419) 447-3504.
* Ray Krupp, Bill Dunlap, Paul E. Fey and Chuck Welbert shot 3-under to win Thursday's Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Prizes went to Lowell Hosler (long putt No. 1) and Fey (closest to pin No. 16).
* Dave Sendelbach leads Tony Latona 7 1/2-6 1/2 in the Clover Club League standings at Clinton Heights. Dave Gase is third (6). Prizes went to Zach Fowler (long putt No. 15), Bill Kraut (closest to pin No. 11), Denny Reamer (long drive No. 13) and Josh Predieri (closest in two No. 12).
FUNDRAISER: The Hopewell-Loudon Athletic Boosters reverse raffle is April 26. Doors open at 6 p.m. Grand prize is $10,000. Tickets are $100 each, with only 300 sold. Dinner and admission are included. For more information, call Craig Lang at (419) 618-5952.
SOFTBALL: Tiffin Ponytail is registering players for the upcoming season. Players must be age 8-13 before May 1. Players can register at www.tiffinparks(dot)com. For more information, call (419) 448-5408 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
MENS SOFTBALL: The Tiffin Men's Softball League seeks teams for a Tuesday Night Recreational League. Cost is $425 per team. The deadline to sign up is April 22. Games begin May 13. Teams interested in playing should contact the Tiffin Park and Recreation Department at (419) 448-5408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BASEBALL: Tiffin Babe Ruth League will hold its secondary selection draft Saturday at 1 p.m. at Vic Wurm Field at Hedges-Boyer Park. To qualify, a player must be 13-15, and not turn 16 before May 1. The draft is for players who did not attend the April 5 draft. For more information, call Fred McDole at (419) 455-4490 or (567) 320-3018.
* Tiffin Babe Ruth League seeks coaches. For more information, call Fred McDole at (419) 455-4490 or (567) 320-3018.
VOLLEYBALL: Papa's Pistols will hold a tournament Saturday at Black Swamp Volleyball Club in Tiffin to raise money for the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). Games start at 10 a.m. The public is welcome.