A Bloom Township barn was destroyed by a fire early Sunday morning.
Chief Nate Blaser of Bloom Township Volunteer Fire Department said the small barn at 6870 E. TR 44 belonged to John Davidson.
Blaser said the owner saw the fire and reported it. The entire building was on fire when firefighters arrived at the scene, and he estimated it took about an hour to fight it.
"(The barn) was on the ground," he said.
Blaser said the owner suspected the cause of the fire was a heat lamp for a dog. The dog stayed in the barn, he said.
"The dog was free to get out. She was fine," he said.
Blaser said a John Deere compact tractor with a snowblower on it and hand and power tools were destroyed in the fire. There were no injuries to people or pets, he said.
The chief estimated 15-20 firefighters and EMS workers were at the scene.
Blaser said firefighters had some minor setbacks due to the weather. A mechanism to engage the pump on one pumper was frozen, but the department had three pumps at the scene.
Blaser said firefighters did a good job of getting around the problems the weather caused. They were able to get water moving even though the pump wasn't working and were able to keep water flowing to the fire without too much interruption, he said.
The outcome of the fire was not altered by the difficulties, he said.
Sycamore Volunteer Fire Department was put on standby at 12:07 a.m., according to Seneca County Sheriff's Office. Blaser said the department was called off.