A house trailer was damaged Thursday after a fire ignited in a dryer and spread.
Capt. Warren Digby of Fostoria Fire Division said the fire, reported at 4:41 p.m. at Lot 93 of Nye's Trailer Park, 1521 N. Countyline St., started in a dryer and spread through the trailer.
The whole trailer suffered smoke damage and about 50 percent of it had fire damage, he said.
PHOTO BY ERIKA PLATT-HANDRU
Firefighters work at the scene of a trailer fire Thursday evening at Nye’s Trailer Park.
He estimated damage totaled around $15,000. Digby said the fire was extinguished by 5 p.m., but firefighters remained on the scene for a couple hours.
Digby said the Red Cross was called to assist the two adults and two children who lived at the residence. No injuries were reported.