Tiffin Historic Trust has organized another Holiday House Tour for 1-5 p.m. Dec. 8 with six stops. Tickets are $10 the day of the tour at the Grammes-Brown House, 172 Jefferson St., and in advance at Tiffin Ace Hardware, 1550 W. Market St.
Tickets also can be obtained by calling (419) 448-9566 or (419) 618-0698.
Participants can view the tour locations in any order.
Grammes-Brown house, 172 Jefferson St.
Now the headquarters of Tiffin Historic Trust, this 1884 home is an ideal example of Victorian-style architecture. It represents the prosperity, work ethic and sense of community spirit of the time.
Features of note include hand-crafted oak woodwork, pocket doors, the decorative newel post and a grandfather clock imported from Germany.
Kaminski house, 168 Jefferson St.
This home is the former parsonage of Second United Church of Christ. It was rented for a time, donated to Seneca Habitat for Humanity, then sold to the Kaminski family.
The owners are adding bamboo hardwood floors, fluted oak woodwork, concrete countertops, stucco, pillars, stained glass, new tile and a built-in fireplace. The upstairs bedrooms are nearly complete.
The house is an example of what can be done to retain the best assets of the original structure and enhance them with innovative new features.
Scott Boone loft, 66-68 S. Washington St.
This 1889 Italianate-style business block is one of five buildings constructed in downtown Tiffin by George Ebbert Seney, attorney, judge, U.S. congressman and author of the "Code of Civil Procedure."
Tiffin Charitable Foundation has its offices on the first floor, but the second floor has a recently-renovated loft apartment owned by Scott Boone.
Kildow-Kreais building, 52-54-56 E. Perry St.
This three-story building was built to house the W.H. Kildow Cigar Co., founded in 1892 in Tiffin. For the past 17 years, it has been the home of the Antique Warehouse, owned by Dave and Kenny Kreais.
The first floor is to be open for house tour participants to see the Kreais Brothers' preservation efforts on the structure. They also will have a display of items salvaged from the 2011 demolition of the Seneca County Courthouse.
Stark house, 21 Herrick Court
Charles Gibbs of the Gordon Lumber Co. and local carpenter Charles Focht designed and built this traditional-style house in 1941 for $4,000. Its first owners were Victor and Joan Goldsberry of Gold Bond Furniture Co.
Sal Lowery home, 115 Sycamore St.
The Ehrenfried-Lowry Home is an 1874 brick "gingerbread" in the Eastlake style. At the back is an older German-style cottage. The main house has extensive woodwork, elaborate stained glass, Victorian wallpapers and hand-made fireplace tiles to provide the backdrop for simple Christmas decor.