FOSTORIA - A teenager burned his hand in a fire Friday afternoon.
According to a Fostoria Police Department report, a fire at the rear of the house at 230 E. Crocker St. was reported at 2:20 p.m. Friday.
A Fostoria Fire Division spokesman said a 17-year-old boy was siphoning gas out of his car because he thought someone had watered down the gas. The gas ignited and caught the side of the house on fire, melting the siding.
The spokesman estimated damage at $8,000 to the house and $2,000 to the car. There was no damage to the home's interior, and the family was not displaced, he said.
The boy burned his hand, and a family member took him to a hospital, the spokesman said.
"(It) looked like second-degree burns," he said.