A fire that started under a trailer destroyed the Adams Township residence Sunday morning.
The fire at 4595 N. CR 43 was reported at 7:32 a.m. Sunday, according to a report.
Chief Greg Lowe of Green Springs Rural Volunteer Fire Department identified the owner as Jay Pump and said Pump and a woman who also lived there got out of the home safely. No one was injured, he said.
Lowe said the cause of the blaze was a faulty heat tape, which is used on pipes to prevent them from freezing in the winter, under the trailer. The fire started under the trailer and then spread to leaves and the trailer, he said.
When personnel arrived at the scene, heavy smoke was coming from the back of the trailer, he said.
He estimated firefighters had it under control within an hour, but they kept finding hot spots in the floors.
"The trailer was a total loss," he said.
The chief estimated damage at $25,000 to $30,000. He said personnel from American Red Cross, Green Springs EMS and Seneca County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene.
According to a release, Red Cross disaster responders provided assistance for shelter, food, clothing and shoes and kits containing personal hygiene items. Caseworkers will continue to work with the family, the release states.