A fire broke out inside a warehouse of Morgan AM&T Thursday night, damaging rows of product inside.
According to a release from Fostoria Fire Division, firefighters were dispatched to 200 N. Town St. at 10:22 p.m. after a representative of the company reported an active fire.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a large warehouse full of smoke and visible fire along the north end of the building. Four rows of product were visibly burning, according to the release.
Firefighters ventilated the structure, removed the product from the building and began cooling it with water.
More than 17,000 gallons of water were used to cool the product, a carbon-based wrap which is subject to high heat during production and is capable of holding heat for an extended period of time, the release states. The fire was extinguished at 5:28 a.m.
According to the release, the cause of the fire appears to have been accidental as the result of moving product into storage prior to it being completely cooled. There were no indicators of criminal activity.
Damage to the warehouse was limited to the areas exposed to the burning product and personnel from Morgan AM&T remained at the scene monitoring the removed product. A damage estimate was not available Friday afternoon.
According to the release, Fostoria Fire Division was assisted at the scene by Tiffin Fire and Rescue, Seneca County Emergency Management, Seneca County Citizens Emergency Response Team and Seneca County Chaplains Corps.
One Fostoria firefighter suffered a non-life threatening injury and was treated and released from the hospital.
According to its web site, Morgan AM&T processes carbon, graphite, silicon carbide, oxide ceramics and other related materials.