HEIDELBERG: The Heidelberg University Baseball and Softball Camp is June 11-13 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. for boys and girls entering grades K-8. Cost is $75 and includes lunch and a T-shirt. For more information, visit www(dot)heidelberg.edu/athletics/teams/baseball/summercamp or call (419) 957-8687.
FOOTBALL: The Seneca County BullDawgs are registering players for the fourth through sixth grade program and the seventh grade team. For more information, contact Joseph Goodman at joeyegoodman(at)yahoolcom or (419) 934-0002.
CHEERLEADING: The Seneca County BullDawgs are registering participants to be cheerleaders. For more information, contact Joseph Goodman at joeyegoodman(at)yahoolcom or (419) 934-0002.
BASKETBALL CAMP: The Tiffin Community YMCA is accepting registrations for a camp for girls entering grades 4-8. The camp runs June 18-21 with registrations accepted through June 17. Cost is $35 for members and $50 for non-members. The camp is 9 a.m.-noon for grades 4-6, and 1-4 p.m. for grades 7-8. The camp will be instructed by former Columbian players Lexi Rohrbach and Megan Miller. For more information, call Eric Slosser at (419) 447-8711.
* The Calvert Boys and Girls Basketball camp for those entering fourth through eighth grade is June 11-14. Sessions for seventh and eighth graders run 8-10 a.m. Sessions for fourth through sixth graders run 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Cost is $30. For more information, contact Ted Willman at Twillman(at)calvertcatholic.org or (419) 934-3168.
COACHES SOUGHT: Bettsville High seeks a boys basketball coach and a baseball coach. Send letter of interest, resume and a list of three references to Mike Haynes, athletic director at 118 Washington St., Bettsville, Ohio 44815 or email at mhaynes(at)bettsville(dot)k12(dot)oh(dot)us. Deadline is June 15.
TIFFIN UNIVERSITY CAMPS: The Tiffin University men's soccer team will host its annual summer clinic June 25-28 for boys and girls age 6 to 14, with sessions running 9-10:30 a.m. Cost is $40 per player and each participant needs cleats or running shoes, shin guards, a water bottle, and sun screen. The registration deadline June 15. For more information, call Rudy Brownell at (419) 448-3286 or by email at rbrownel(at)tiffin(dot)edu.
* Tiffin University's track and field summer camp for athletes age 12 to 18 is June 17-19. Campers can stay in the dorms or commute. Check-in begins at 1 p.m. at the Gillmor Center on June 17. Full-time campers will stay in TU's residence halls and eat meals in the campus dining facility. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is due by June 10 with registration to hold a spot, and the remaining $200 is due at check-in. Commuters owe the $50 deposit and only $100 at check-in. For more information and camp registration, visit www(dot)gotiffindragons(dot)com(slash)CampsandClinics or call (419) 618-6211
P.L.A.Y. DAY: The Tiffin Park and Recreation Department will host a Planned Leisure Activities for Youth (PLAY) Day at Oakley Park in cooperation with the O.S.S. Solid Waste District on Wednesday from 1-2 p.m. in the south shelter. The event will feature making homemade air fresheners, games and park cleanup. This is a free event, but parents are asked to accompany their children. For more information, email recreation(at)tiffinohio(dot)gov.
GOLF: In the late shift of the Bauman Auto Group Wednesday Night Scramble League, Rick Theis and Herb Sendelbach had the low gross with 31. The long drive on No. 1 went to C.J. Kisabeth. Closest to the pin in two shots was Craig Losey. The long putt on No. 5 was Hank Wagner. Closest to the pin on No. 8 was Brandon Deck.
* Steve Adelsperger and Kevin Guth lead the Baumann Old Fort Ex-Hi League with 38 1/2 points. Prize holes went to Al Stephenson (closest to pin in two No. 3, closest to pin No. 4) and Ed Correll (long putt No. 6).
* Ronda Burkett and Paul Hannay lead the AMVETS League at Seneca Hills. Prize holes went to Hannay (long putt No. 11), Phil Miller (long putt No. 14) and Bob Haefling (closest to pin No. 16).
* Jeff Meier and Matt Kleinhenz won the first third of the Men's Catholic League at Seneca Hills with 155 points. Jon Lawrence and Meier carded low gross scores of 37, and Aaron Solomon fired a 29 for the low net.
* Chuck Wilbert, Tom Miller, George Hemminger and Greg Bishop fired a 7-under to win the Senior League at Clinton Heights. Prize holes went to Wilbert (long putt No. 18), Bob Overholt (closest to pin No. 11), Craig Neifer (closest in two No. 13) and Mike Merts (closest in three No. 17).
SOCCER: Players age 5 by Aug. 1 through eighth graders can register for the Sycamore Soccer League through July 15. Forms are available at Fillmore Pharmacy and Mohawk Community Library in Sycamore. Cost is $30. League games are played Saturdays at Sycamore's Veterans Memorial Park. A traveling team for fifth through eighth graders is also available. For more information, call Kelli Smith at (419) 927-4945.
BOWLING: Lucius Fence beat Foe's Friends 3,099-3,025 for the 2012 K of C Open title. Baumann Auto Group edged J.R.'s Pro Shop Level 12 3,017-3,014 for third, followed by Pin Heads (2,979), The Goat Daddy's (2,974), Orians Plus (2,968), Megan's Alpine (2,965), 300 Club (2,951), Mack's Trucking III (2,944), I Don't Care (2,941), Nye's Painting (2,932), You All Come Back Now!! (2,931), C Ya Next Year (2,918), Rock-N-Roll (2,910) and No Name (2,898). Terry Camp had the men's high game with a 288 and the men's high series with a 787. Eva Hannam rolled a 248 for the women's high game, while Dottie Funk took the women's high series with a 611.