A short-circuit in a ventilation fan caused a fire to ignite at Webster Industries Inc., 325 Wall St., Monday morning.
Tiffin Fire Chief William Ennis said firefighters were called to the factory at 4:52 a.m. after a report of a fast-spreading fire in the ceiling. When firefighters arrived, fire was showing through the roof.
Firefighters ventilated the roof and were able to contain the fire to the roof.
PHOTO CURTESY OF TIFFIN FIRE AND RESCUE
Firefighters responded to a fire at Webster Industries Inc. early Monday morning. Tiffin Fire Chief William Ennis said the fire was ignited by a short in a ventilation fan.
"We made an aggressive attack and stopped the spread of the fire," Ennis said.
The fire was out at about 6:15 a.m.
Workers were present at the time of the fire, Ennis said, but no injuries were reported.
Electrical wiring and the roof of the heat-treat portion of the factory were damaged as a result of the fire.
Ennis said no machinery received damage and the factory went back into service Monday.
Webster Industries provides engineered conveying solutions for a wide range of industries, according to the company Web site. It was founded in 1876.