Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire chief: Blaze started around wood burner

December 30, 2011
By Erika Platt-Handru - Staff Writer (eplatt@advertiser-tribune.com) , The Advertiser-Tribune

MELMORE - A house fire that broke out Wednesday night at a Melmore residence ignited around a wood burner.

Sycamore Fire Chief Bryan Clouse said no one was home at 6945 SR 100 when the fire ignited on the second floor in the area around the wood burner and spread to the attic.

Clouse said the wood burner had been on and the metal pipe acting as a chimney either became too hot or may have had a crack in it.

The fire was contained to the second floor and attic, and the first floor of the residence only sustained some water damage and a little bit of smoke damage, he said.

Fire and water damage was reported on the second floor and in the attic.

Clouse estimated damage to the residence to be around $75,000. He said no injuries were reported.

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web